Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?  (Read 4578 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 04:32:38 pm »

I stand by the idea that if you take a baseline of alcohol abuse and compare it against and equivalent amount of marijuana abuse, you are talking about a small fraction of the damage that alcohol abuse would imbue you with...

I've never seen an intelligent argument otherwise.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 05:07:55 pm »

Maybe this will piss off Onstad and he'll get rid of assbar and come back to us. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 09:15:17 pm »

I'm not telling anyone not to drink (though these are thoughts that I've had since quitting because of interaction with medication -- otherwise I'd still be beating my liver with a bat) just that the judgement and condemnation that people heap on other addictive drugs is bullshit in comparison.

Oh but yeah, weed?  Aside from the baseline bad of inhaling a bunch of solid carbon, shit does less to you than Tylenol.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2008, 01:18:51 am »

That modern man is a genius...man.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2008, 01:32:01 am »

It is no longer late am OR early PM.  Even on the West Coast.

Dammit.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 11:49:42 pm »

I know technically it's still afternoon where he is, but I'm seeing Charlie Gibson on TV, and he don't host World News This Afternoon With Charlie Gibson.
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2008, 12:00:18 am »

Tuesday afternoon: Chicken.
Logged
~

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 12:55:46 am »

Hey, he didn't say which Tuesday.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 01:21:03 am »

I thought when I moved to the West Coast that these "Strip in the afternoon" waits would be less infuriating. THEY ARE NOT.

Why you gotta do a thing, Onstad.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 03:41:06 am »

Breaking News: Onstad Has A Cold.
Let us Pray for the Onstads in this time of crisis and need. God Bless.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 08:07:05 pm »

Man, if he's got that kennel-cough cold that's been going around I actually feel sorry for dude.

That crap lasts for a month before you stop sputtering and mucous-ing.

Yeah, I had it (or something similar).  Sick as hell for a week, residual phlegm for two more.  Yuck. 

Fine.  Now my attitude to Onstad has gone from pissy to sympathetic in one post.

Virii.  Those fuck*ng guys.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Feb 22 2008 - Dude, remember that chick named Tyrone?
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 11:02:44 pm »

I blame Cocktail Recipes.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up