Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's figure out this mod thing.  (Read 12139 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2003, 07:39:35 pm »

Well, I'll type something up and send it in, but I'm kind of busy right now as I have to go back to work on Tuesday. I also feel a little bad about being the catalyst, at least partly, for making the folks who are already mods go through this. Maybe the spots can be rotating and you can give them a chance for a little while.
I'm assuming that 11:00 am is eastern standard time, or whatever they call it over there on the Eastern Seaboard? Because I'm in Alaska, and that means 7:00 am, and that means probably still drunk and not as funny, or lucid, as drunk people always seem to think.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2003, 08:27:40 pm »

Fine, fine.  You can all have 'til Friday.  

Sheesh.  How long does it take to write three paragraphs on why you're cooler than everybody else?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2003, 08:43:02 pm »

I could write till the last trump and not even convince myself that I'm cooler than everybody else. Especially with doomglobe here.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Vinz Clortho

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 27
    • View Profile
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2003, 06:14:06 am »

Coming home half-drunk after a long day of watching a third-rate big band spur my grandparents' 50th Anniversary guests to lurch and shuffle like the cast of "Thriller" is only made that much more filling by realizing I have homework from JL.

I will have my application to you ASAP, because I thoroughly enjoy smells.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2003, 10:10:28 am »

Dude - I'm half-drunk now after hearing a blues jam which included Hoochie Coochie Man played on acoustic (also Born To Be Wild) and Jungle Boogie and Rapper's Delight. I can't write shit tonight - except to you folks.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2003, 04:22:58 pm »

My goodness.  Great entries so far.  I've received five out of seven -- but it may take me a while to make my decisions.  Everybody seems to want the same two or three forums, which is to be expected I suppose.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2003, 03:00:14 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
My goodness.  Great entries so far.  I've received five out of seven -- but it may take me a while to make my decisions.  Everybody seems to want the same two or three forums, which is to be expected I suppose.


What's the status? We're all quivering with anticipation out here! This is worse than waiting for college acceptance letters.

I knew I should've included an Amazon gift cert. with my application.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2003, 03:36:29 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

I knew I should've included an Amazon gift cert. with my application.


It's still not too late - you have until Friday morning...

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2003, 01:58:17 pm »

I'm still waiting on two applications -- you know who you are -- so if I don't get the others by 8 AM EST Friday, the five I have will all be on double-duty.  

Which just might make y'all happier, masochists that you are.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2003, 06:17:44 pm »

But you're accepting applications from those who are not currently mods too, right?

Just for the record.  ANYONE can apply.

But few are chosen.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2003, 06:35:21 pm »

Yes, yes yes!  Sorry if that wasn't clear.  Anybody who wants to mod, please apply.  People who are already mods get preference.  But the casting call is open to everyone, and at this point, we're still short-staffed.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2003, 08:48:50 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Yes, yes yes!  Sorry if that wasn't clear.  Anybody who wants to mod, please apply.  People who are already mods get preference.  But the casting call is open to everyone, and at this point, we're still short-staffed.


::AugustWest, Vinz Clortho, slink, pubdoggy, and CortJstr stand with folded arms looking at the masses in a menacing manner::
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2003, 03:05:13 am »

Well, the mod thing isn't going to work out for me at this point - I have to focus on something that is much more important to me right now - but in about 8 months or so I should be free to mod. Sorry, but the girl comes first.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Capn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2003, 09:40:23 pm »

Call me crazy [waits] but it seems like you are asking for 7 moderators for a board that has about 14 semi-regular posters.

I'm just sayin, is all.

I suppose I could make it my business to try and keep all the mod busy.
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Let's figure out this mod thing.
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2003, 10:02:30 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I think we all know there's only one solution to this problem: Thunderdome.

(I'm happy with touch. You can make your own jokes about that.)


NICE! and if they bust a deal, they gotta face the WHEEL!

I will take taste if no one else wants it, but dont really have any need to be a mod.
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up