Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008  (Read 4312 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« on: February 29, 2008, 12:37:14 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02292008

Happy Leap Day, and Dog c*ck Medicine Friday.

Argh, damn the filters! Can't they at least leave the thread titles unscathed?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 12:42:05 pm »

This feels very much like a dredged-from-the-Scraps-folder one-off, but it's kinda funny nonetheless. I like the weird Teodor ass shot.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 01:51:56 pm »

Who uses the fridge in the nude. Your dangly parts get cold.

I'm actually surprised that Teodor even has jarred hossradish. I figured he'd go all Alton on us and grate his own and only spread it on artisan breads and the kinds of dairy products one can only find at Cheesetique.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 02:32:30 pm »

What the hell is dog cock medicine?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 02:58:05 pm »

One day, when you need it, you'll know.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Undertoad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 34
  • Ye Olde Gifte Shoppe ande Ale Taverne Inne Keepere
    • View Profile
    • the Cellar
Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 03:31:05 pm »

This strip is broken.  When the dude says it tastes like dog penls medicine, and then grabs the bottle and it says dog penls medicine, dude can't then assume that it was some sort of weird hossradish.

Also, every Achewood is about food and every other Achewood is about a character developing some kind of entrepreneurial thing, and now, for the second time in weeks, we have a character combining the two.  Lyle was just selling coffee to perverts the other day... I don't mind Onstad taking cues from his own life as clearly he is an entrepreneurial foodie.  I'm just scared that he's falling into a rut.

Logged
-=My usual hangout: The Cellar
-=My daily image blog: Image of the Day

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 03:43:02 pm »

This strip is broken.  When the dude says it tastes like dog penls medicine, and then grabs the bottle and it says dog penls medicine, dude can't then assume that it was some sort of weird hossradish.

He can when the panel where he's assaulting Teodor is the same color as the thought balloon forming in the panel before it and dissolving in the subsequent panel.

It threw me off a little, but it's not like an internal-single-strip-continuity error.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 04:01:42 pm »

I dunno, though.

I know some people who are so messed-up about haute cuisine that they would love a hossradish that tasted like dog cock medicine as long as it wasn't ACTUALLY dog cock medicine.

There are people out there actually like that.

...most of them live in Los Angeles, no doubt, but they do exist.

EDIT: I mean, there are a lot of cheeses and mushrooms that smell and taste like sweaty corpses that... as long as they are not ACTUALLY sweaty corpses... are considered delicacies. People eat blue cheese, people'll eat Prospector Pete's Super-Hot "Dog Cock Medicine" hossradish.

I'm... I'm just saying here.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 04:19:33 pm by littlefallsmets »
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 04:06:46 pm »

I'm trying to imagine a situation where you have to spread medicine on your dog's cack with a butter knife.  The good thing about dogs is that they're so used to indignity that the scenario is possible.  Unlike putting a suppository in your cat, say.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 04:13:22 pm »

He can when the panel where he's assaulting Teodor is the same color as the thought balloon forming in the panel before it and dissolving in the subsequent panel.

Oh! See, this is why you need an expert in the genre to interpret literature, sometimes. Especially when one reads the strip too early in the morning.

Speaking of which it is definitely true that there is a whole genre of hot sauce names in which 'dog c*ck medicine' (WITHOUT the damn filter) would only stand out slightly.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 04:26:08 pm »

Another thought: Who that Teodor and Lyle live with owns a dog named Ricky?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 04:27:35 pm »

...Ricky don't lose that number...
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 04:43:53 pm »

If he'd had T selling a sandwich to Darryl CUNT, it would have been perfect. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 05:30:46 pm »

I'm trying to imagine a situation where you have to spread medicine on your dog's cack with a butter knife.  The good thing about dogs is that they're so used to indignity that the scenario is possible.  Unlike putting a suppository in your cat, say.
You havent seen that webpage?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Dog c*ck medicine - Feb 29 2008
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 08:26:04 pm »

Oh, its out there I'm sure.  Fortunately I have "moderate safe-search" set for Google, so I won't come across it accidentally.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up