Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no I grew pubes (10-30-03)  (Read 4776 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Oh no I grew pubes (10-30-03)
« on: October 30, 2003, 11:47:43 pm »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:26:38 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 11:49:30 pm »

Nice Pete's dad appears to be a similarly scary mofo, honestly.

That, and the continuously, eternally weepin' eye... sheesh. Poor Nice Pete.

(Poor Nice Pete is not a phrase I thought I'd actually type. Huh.)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 01:31:30 am »

I wonder how many bibles they had laying around that house
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 03:04:31 am »

Teen Nice Pete's musculature in this strip is superb. Onstad's minimalist artistry is really improving, especially with such small details. I'm just glad his stock character set hasn't become the comic, like Max Cannon's has with Red Meat.

Not that Red Meat's not funny, but really, we only need one Red Meat in the world. Naturally, it would be better if it were a daily; still, I imagine he's got enough syndicators to maintain a respectable standard of living on one strip a week.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 04:18:43 am »

(Sing to the tune of Beverly Hillbillies.)

Oh, let me tell you a story 'bout kid named Pete
Had to shoot the dog to keep the family on their feet
His mama always cries, and papa's head keeps gettin' smaller
No! Pete is growing pubics, now his dad is gonna hawler



Did I just write that?  I am so sorry.
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2003, 07:34:14 am »

well ol' petes outside all a'shootin' fer the dog
when around pulls a sherrif lookin jus' like boss hog,
(pig, that is, five - oh, bacon - meat)
well next thing you know ol petes murdereer,
and all of the kinfolk sayin git on out a here
you really oughta git out of this neighborhood
so he packed up the truck and moved to ACHEWOOD
Logged
[expletive deleted]

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2003, 07:56:54 am »

I have not the words.

Bravo.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2003, 05:30:54 pm »

Is nobody else scandalised by the fact that a family of cats owns a dog?!?!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2003, 06:30:43 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Is nobody else scandalised by the fact that a family of cats owns a dog?!?!


The other way around would make WAY LESS sense.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2003, 07:13:22 pm »

In the Warner Bros. Looney Tunes cartoon "Feed the Kitty" the dog, Marc Anthony, was allowed to keep a little kitten as a pet.

I'm just saying, there's cartoon canon to back this up.

And I guess I just revealed something about myself by mentioning this reference.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2003, 03:28:33 pm »

Not by making the reference, jough, because I and probably most of us know that cartoon, but by knowing it's name and that of the main character.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2003, 06:38:05 pm »

Well, in my defence, I just received the new Looney Tunes 4-DVD collection and had watched that particular short before replying to message board posts.

I guess that's less impressive than remembering it from childhood.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2003, 08:19:15 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Is nobody else scandalised by the fact that a family of cats owns a dog?!?!


This is like trying to figure out the Goofy-dog/Pluto-dog Conundrum
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2003, 09:16:24 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

This is like trying to figure out the Goofy-dog/Pluto-dog Conundrum


Shudder.  So creepy.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Oh no I grew pubes...10/30
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2003, 09:21:31 pm »

Gawrsh.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up