Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio  (Read 6168 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 08:13:40 am »

I kind of like it but can't make hide or tail of the alt-text
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 08:27:08 am »

doc didn't you ever play a text adventure

but yeah the only good thing about this is how i felt proud for noticing the usual strip copyright info at the top says "1983"

most people probably missed that

but i noticed it
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 08:39:57 am »

Ok, I was applying it specifically to Phillipe, as a general text game comment it makes more sense, still not brilliant.
Graphics for Packaging Purposes Only is pretty great though.

Is this the wrong crowd to question the weirdness of the wrap around pantry with a glass toilet in the middle? Or are we just all totally jaded at this point.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 12:18:10 pm »

Can't see it! Links to all the strips are broken for me right now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 02:03:31 pm »

Can't see it! Links to all the strips are broken for me right now.

Ditto. Stupid interweb
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 02:51:38 pm »

The only text game i remember playing back in the day was some medieval dragon slaying shit. CAST: FIREBALL
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Hellalena

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 02:58:26 pm »

I've got the same problem as Wombat and CortJstr, alt-text but no strip.  I didn't realize it before but it looks like the strips are actually hosted on the assetbar comment site - is there a mirror for the comic anywhere that I didn't know about?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 03:59:44 pm »

I'm a big fan of the admission that... even those graphics are too good than to actually be in the game, because it is a text-based game and it is 1983... but other than that, yeah. "Early-Career Steve Martin" is a fine non-sequitur, I will say.

It was a lot more... interesting than funny, exactly. But that's okay sometimes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 05:04:07 pm »

It's back!

Life can go on.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 11:17:08 pm »

I wasted more time playing Moonmist than I've wasted on this board. And I've wasted close to two weeks straight on here, based on what it tells me.

I owned the HHGG game, but never - and I mean NEVER in about 500 attempts - survived the collapse of the house. It wasn't until about five years ago that I found a walkthrough online and figured out what I did wrong all those years.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 12:12:51 am »

I just can't stop thinking about the all-glass bathroom. WEIRDED OUT
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 12:22:20 am »

V is right.

Also: not being able to imagine a single boat. That might be the saddest thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 04:11:34 am »

The all-glass bathroom makes perfect sense if you are Five Years Old. Come on, did none of you ever leave bathroom doors wide open or try to walk into occupied bathrooms as toddlers?
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 4 2008 - You Have: A caring mother in Ohio
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 04:20:45 am »

The all-glass bathroom makes perfect sense if you are Five Years Old. Come on, did none of you ever leave bathroom doors wide open or try to walk into occupied bathrooms as toddlers?
My roommate walks into occupied bathrooms all the time and hes in his 20s.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up