Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb  (Read 4735 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« on: March 04, 2008, 01:57:09 pm »

http://chrisonstad.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-adventures-in-text.html

This is weird timing. I was really bored about work last week and just installed some "interactive fiction" programs. Yesterday I played one where you're trapped in a balloon with a guy whose overcoat carrying capacity rivals that of Jerry Steiner
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 04:04:53 pm »

I could see an Achewood text-based retro-game being interesting.

Sorta along the lines of what Homestarrunner did except... y'know... R-rated. That has always been my one problem with Homestarrunner, actually, the cartoons have always felt kind of confined creatively by their family-friendliness.

Also, it'd be nice if an Achewood version of it would be... large and needlessly sprawling as opposed to relatively plot-based as the Homestar experiments were.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 11:07:33 pm »

I don't know... I always thought part of the charm of H*R was that they didn't work blue. Everything that's "Internet-exclusive" takes advantage of the freedom to show nekkid people/cats/*****s/geraniums/etc. The Chaps don't do that, even though Homestar himself doesn't wear any #####.

That being said, I haven't visited H*R in about two years.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 04:04:09 am »

I'm not saying that I need to see, like, Marzipan getting fingered by Homestar's invisible hand or anything... though I'm sure there are people out there who'd pay Large Bucks to see that, now that I mention it.

I'm just saying, there are some characters and some situations where a little cursing is the logical dialogue for the moment and... to not use that dialogue pulls me out of the moment of the entertainment medium.

I mean, Strong Bad's supposed to be a lil stinker, y'know, for example. Every once in a while, dude's gonna swear. The fact that he doesn't, it kinda pulls a dude out.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 01:37:42 pm »

OK, we know Philippe for president won't work. But maybe the next administration could appoint him Crazy Guys Czar.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 03:33:12 pm »

In charge of The War on Insanity. And we all know how our Wars on Stuff go.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 11:58:44 pm »

I dunno, Philippe. Your idea sounds a lot like Bumfights to me. Then again, you are five.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 10:36:02 pm »

Y'know, I am not usually with Phillipe on political points but...

I am all for closing every Wendys in Los Angeles.

Maybe some of them would turn into In-And-Outs, which we are desperately short on.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 12:48:08 am »

The West Coast needs more Chick-fil-A.

That is all.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 01:26:09 am »

I'll give you my local Chick-Fil-A if I can get an In-N-Out from you.

Then again, we have Five Guys, which isn't the same, but is still hell of awesome in the burger sense.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 01:51:46 am »

I'll give you my local Chick-Fil-A if I can get an In-N-Out from you.

Then again, we have Five Guys, which isn't the same, but is still hell of awesome in the burger sense.

I'm not a chick-fil-a fan. Pickles are gross and fuck closing on Sunday.

I hope Five Guys doesn't degrade now that they've gone franchise and there are more than 5 of them. But hey, some of the new ones even take credit cards, so that's nice.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 05:15:28 am »

there is a five guys real close to my house.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 02:04:56 am »

Uh oh, sounds like the second cookbook is all Teodor-style.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 07:38:11 am »

I'm not saying that I need to see, like, Marzipan getting fingered by Homestar's invisible hand or anything... though I'm sure there are people out there who'd pay Large Bucks to see that, now that I mention it.

I'm just saying, there are some characters and some situations where a little cursing is the logical dialogue for the moment and... to not use that dialogue pulls me out of the moment of the entertainment medium.

I mean, Strong Bad's supposed to be a lil stinker, y'know, for example. Every once in a while, dude's gonna swear. The fact that he doesn't, it kinda pulls a dude out.

In interviews, the creators have said that they're not deliberately aiming to be family-friendly but rather to capture a certain sort of feel from their childhood and adolescence - Nintendo and Atari, early computer games, Saturday morning cartoons, etc. The "family friendly" aspect is an outgrowth of the vibe they're going for.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: March 2008 - In like a blog, out like a lamb
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 08:30:37 am »

Good to know his fingernails aren't like 3 inches long or anything.  It's a little funny how we expect web celebrities to be constantly visible to the public.  Nature of the medium I guess.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up