Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period  (Read 19997 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« on: March 05, 2008, 02:47:46 am »

I have a nasty habit of developing Inev-like crushes on chicks in commercials... and I've long considered that if I ever get my website back in business, I would have a section called "The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period," where I could act like a 14 year old girl gushing over Justin Timberlake when discussing cute women in television ads who I've never seen before, and will probably never see again.

The first candidate was a girl from a set of recentish McDonald's Monopoly commercials, who revealed that she planned to win big using "my Egg McMuffin strategy. It involves eggs... and McMuffins." Sadly, this commercial doesn't run anymore, and not even YouTube seems to have recorded it for posterity.

So her indeterminate time period has come to an end. Long may her successor reign... the redhead in the purple shirt in this commercial.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 03:18:23 am »

dude, it's not a nasty habit. it's AWESOME.

I was just telling someone the other day how much I like random girls in commercials.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 03:24:43 am »

Really it's complimentary, it's showing that they are doing their job correctly in causing your hottie-seeking instincts to override logic.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 03:32:06 am »

dude, I fuck*ng hate that Dunkin Donuts commercial.

The girl I'm digging on is the one in these ads lately for... some Department Store? Maybe Sears? JC Penny? It's a bunch of people doing American things, and this one girl is roller-skating, she's adorable. I think she has an afro?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 08:51:00 pm »

I'm wondering when IMDB will have a listing for the woman currently starring as Perky Cashier in the Progressive insurance commercials.  Without a name to go with the face, my fansite domain registration is holding up production.

EDIT: Or I could ask Google and learn it in a hurry.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 09:09:01 pm by Turbo Ninja »
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 03:10:39 am »

Similarly, I had a big-time woman-crush on The Chick From The Glad Bag Commercials.  I used to say that we'd be seeing her again, that she had a good camera presence and would land a bigger role someday. 

Sure enough, she's the girl who replaced Sherona on Monk. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 04:17:52 pm »

I will give a dollar to the first person who can tell me the name of the sultry redhead in the New Pornographers "The Laws Have Changed" video. 
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 05:48:25 pm »

weird. I don't know who that is. I am going to see that band with my little brother in April.
They actually do not do that much for me, and certainly not enough to justify that I just spend 60 damn dollars on tickets for the two of us. He'll pay me back for his, but, damn, that is some dough to see a band I don't particularly like.
But, you know, he's at a point in his life. He needs to do things with people or he will just turn into a little machine that does math problems and plays basketball and ignores my parents, all of these incredibly well.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 08:44:53 pm »

weird. I don't know who that is. I am going to see that band with my little brother in April.
They actually do not do that much for me, and certainly not enough to justify that I just spend 60 damn dollars on tickets for the two of us. He'll pay me back for his, but, damn, that is some dough to see a band I don't particularly like.
But, you know, he's at a point in his life. He needs to do things with people or he will just turn into a little machine that does math problems and plays basketball and ignores my parents, all of these incredibly well.

I gotta say, not the best choice. The NPs are (according to last.fm) my 2nd favorite band and I skipped their current tour. As wombat has said part of their appeal is how slick their recordings sound, which is of course lost at a live performance. Plus they tend to mumble their banter.

The fact that I don't like what I've heard of the opening act, Okkervil River, sealed the deal. Last tour Emma Pollack opened and she was awesome.

But hey, the stage-left keyboard player is pretty cute. And her other band, Imperial Teen, is worth a listen.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 09:15:24 pm »

For a while, I was definitely torn on whether it was a good or a bad thing that I haven't had any idea of who the "new" bands were... basically since I graduated college. That while is over, I think.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 10:58:32 pm »

post 5000:

They aren't that new. sorry.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 01:32:31 am »

post 5000:

They aren't that new. sorry.

But they have the word "new" in their name!

Man, I'm torn. The Dunkin' Donuts commercial is still on, but the "Hola!" chick from that Taco Bell commercial is there... crisis in the Hottie House!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 03:36:45 am »

DISCONNECTED RAMBLING ABOUT THE NEW PORNOGRAPHERS

I'm listening to "Challengers" right now; it is a pretty good album, but it is a little slower than their other stuff. It makes me rather glad I saw them in Boston in October, since I think I like a lot of the songs better having heard them in a high-energy setting.

In retrospect, I'm a little ambivalent about that concert. I agree with Cort that, in hindsight, the "this is interrupting my drinking time!" attitude from Bejar was palpable. On the other hand, I kind of liked them live and jangly; it was an interesting alternate perspective on music I find interesting and dense.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 03:51:17 am »

In retrospect, I'm a little ambivalent about that concert. I agree with Cort that, in hindsight, the "this is interrupting my drinking time!" attitude from Bejar was palpable. On the other hand, I kind of liked them live and jangly; it was an interesting alternate perspective on music I find interesting and dense.

Bejar drives me nuts. His songs are always the ones I like least, and both times I've seen them live Carl and Neko practically had to beg him to come out and actually sing a song. During the encores he was even more stubborn.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 08:00:07 am »

Bejar drives me nuts. His songs are always the ones I like least, and both times I've seen them live Carl and Neko practically had to beg him to come out and actually sing a song. During the encores he was even more stubborn.

Dan Bejar lives on Drinking Island.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up