Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period  (Read 20043 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 01:38:09 pm »

DISCONNECTED RAMBLING ABOUT THE NEW PORNOGRAPHERS

I don't seem to be getting into the new album. The previous two I listened to over and over and over. This one - I remember once in a while that maybe I ought to try listening to it again and then half the time don't. 

I don't think this is just because it has a new Bruce Springsteen to compete with. But I guess I ought to try listening to it again...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 02:36:33 pm »

Agree with the comments on Bejar's material--he's got a couple good songs over the course of their four albums, but I skip over his tracks more often than not.  I wonder if you polled the entire NewPornos fan base, if that's a majority opinion.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 02:56:25 pm »

Agree with the comments on Bejar's material--he's got a couple good songs over the course of their four albums, but I skip over his tracks more often than not.  I wonder if you polled the entire NewPornos fan base, if that's a majority opinion.

I doubt it. I know a few people who love the two Jackie songs. And his band Destroyer seems to have a pretty decent following. I find his songs sort of boring.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 03:45:08 pm »

I doubt it. I know a few people who love the two Jackie songs. And his band Destroyer seems to have a pretty decent following. I find his songs sort of boring.

I found his songs sort of boring until I saw the New Pornographers live and realized that he sings his songs live even more off-key than in the studio, and with beer in hand. To realize that so little effort goes into them somehow improves them.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 03:48:56 pm »

To realize that so little effort goes into them somehow improves them.

I hope your appreciation of this tiny can is increased by the knowledge that I didn't have to work very hard to give it to you. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 05:07:15 pm »

Quote
And his band Destroyer seems to have a pretty decent following. I find his songs sort of boring.

Oh, jeez, I knew that and then forgot it.
Right before posting here, I had been holding that CD in my hand, and I put it in the CD player, and then decided that it was not worth reviewing, as it sounded completely boring.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 02:41:28 am »

I, um, really like the Jackie songs, although "... Dressed In Cobras" more than the original. And I've liked the bits of Destroyer I've heard.

Really, I think I just like anything the NPs put out, although suddenly for some reason my laptop is no longer playing Challengers on request. Is it trying to tell me I have bad taste?
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 11:53:49 pm »

Passing fad? No sir!

The protagonist of this gem is the new AHotITP.

I am not talking about the dude.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 11:58:54 pm »

Passing fad? No sir!

The protagonist of this gem is the new AHotITP.

I am not talking about the dude.

I am!  Hello, Captain Jack-Hammer!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 03:42:07 pm »

She just couldn't look away.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2008, 04:44:15 pm »

Thank God for the Internet.  Now I don't have to watch TV to see the good commercials.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2008, 01:26:09 am »

For your viewing pleasure... or at least mine... the new AHotITP... this chick. I think it's because of the way she says "pitchers" instead of "pictures." You don't see that in commercials.

I'm trying to make "You big dummy!" one of my little sayings around the office. You have no idea how hard it is to establish something like that without pissing off the people you work with.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 01:16:10 pm »

Similarly, I had a big-time woman-crush on The Chick From The Glad Bag Commercials.  I used to say that we'd be seeing her again, that she had a good camera presence and would land a bigger role someday. 

Sure enough, she's the girl who replaced Sherona on Monk. 

What year was the glad commercial? Because this chick was on that show 2 Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place with that guy that was in Van Wilder back in 1998...which, I'm sad to say, I actually remember and did not look up because she was adorable on that show, but her character on Monk, though better than Sharona's, not so appealing to me.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 08:20:24 pm »

I think the Glad bag commercials were post-2 Guys but they were definitely pre-Monk. 

I did like Sharona better on the show, but I'm just glad that Glad Girl got a decent job. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Anonymous Hottie of the Indeterminate Time Period
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 09:44:13 pm »

That Tom Bosley is hot.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up