Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am not an auditory thinker.  (Read 1180 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
I am not an auditory thinker.
« on: March 06, 2008, 03:22:34 am »

On Wed Mar 5, 22:19 EST, I finally realized that, during the GOF thread, the uncle's exclamation of Ar'rosto Beef is actually the phrase Roast Beef spoken in a stereotypically Greek accent. Prior to this I had assumed Ar'rosto was some sort of Greek term of endearment. This is what happens when I have no internal monologue. Sound is not important to me.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I am not an auditory thinker.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 03:28:00 am »

Oddly, I have to concentrate like a madman to mentally picture anything.

Nearly all of my usual mental functions are expressed in "sounds" or text unless I really try.

Text more often than not.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I am not an auditory thinker.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 01:28:41 pm »

That happens to me sometimes too. I put it down to being a really good reader. I don't have to sound things out, you know?

At least, that way I feel less stupid about it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up