Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: March 6 2008 - The Female RPGer is a theoretical Construct  (Read 4765 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 6 2008 - The Female RPGer is a theoretical Construct
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 12:53:18 am »

Yeah, and baby oil ain't made outta babies, either.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 6 2008 - The Female RPGer is a theoretical Construct
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 01:30:33 am »

But isn't the font a joke? I assumed he used it because it was used on something related... um, do you buy Dungeons and Dragons in a box?

Also: It's very sad that hex paper is just paper with hexagons.

I bought it in a box. It was a beginners set with the rules laid out more simply and it listed fewer spells, equipment, and monsters. It also had a couple of mini games you could play by yourself to get a feel for the game before you started playing with others who were presumably already familiar with everything. It also came with all the dice, a few lead miniatures, some cardboard miniature, and a sample dungeon on a big piece of poster paper.

Normally I believe you just buy books and miniatures if you're into those.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 6 2008 - The Female RPGer is a theoretical Construct
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 02:31:53 am »

Yeah, and baby oil ain't made outta babies, either.

What!  But olive oil is made out of olives!

Danged English language!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 6 2008 - The Female RPGer is a theoretical Construct
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 03:24:52 am »

I, uh, started playing D&D when I was fifteen, and I still play it. There have been some good times in there, I'll admit it.

I was scheduled to run a game on Tuesday, the night after Gygax's death hit the news. It didn't run, but only because a couple of players couldn't make it. Otherwise, I think we would have gamed the old man into his grave.

... in other news, this strip kinda fell flat for me. It veers between The Usual Jokes and incomprehensibility, at least to me. Bah. So be it.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 6 2008 - The Female RPGer is a theoretical Construct
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 04:03:26 am »

I've never actually played D&D, at least non-computerised version. I've always wanted to do a bit of tabletop gaming but only recently managed to get a big group enough together to justify it but even then we're playing a system that emphasises storytelling over mechanics so it's virtually impossible to munchkin it.

Melack is right about redneck geeks though, there's this weird cross over between muscle tees, flannel and dragonball Z.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 04:48:10 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: March 6 2008 - The Female RPGer is a theoretical Construct
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 04:25:18 am »

I, uh, started playing D&D when I was fifteen, and I still play it. There have been some good times in there, I'll admit it.
Seeing as how you're a figment of Wombat's imagination, however, you're not advancing my argument.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up