Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit  (Read 17176 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« on: March 07, 2008, 08:14:19 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03072008

I am one of those who likes Molly, but Beef obviously knows more about dogs, their breeds and cocoa-based products.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
DAMMIT WOMAN
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 08:30:47 pm »

What an incredibly odd Achewood (and that's saying something).  Nothing says "Jesus is a dog with a cape who has been eating chocolate" like FLOWCHARTS!

Also, I like the drawing of Beef and Molly as neo-rockabilly hipsters.

Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT WOMAN
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 08:37:49 pm »

What an incredibly odd Achewood (and that's saying something).  Nothing says "Jesus is a dog with a cape who has been eating chocolate" like FLOWCHARTS!

Also, I like the drawing of Beef and Molly as neo-rockabilly hipsters.


Wait, its hip to be an angry blue collar man stuck in his Circumstances? I... I know a lot of really hip people.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 08:43:55 pm »

I feel that this is quality.

A+, would read again.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 08:58:21 pm »

This was great. Funny, unconventional storytelling. I like how circumstantial it is - the other flowcharts seemed to be more representative of typical decision-making processes, whereas this is more specific in both the artwork and the story being told.

hammish

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 33
  • Hammish has not been renewed for 2009.
    • View Profile
Re: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 09:03:50 pm »

This is so full of awesome. At first I was all excited about a comic with Molly (new, improved hair sheen!) but the part about Beef getting to be an angry blue-collar father for winning a bet... that was chilling for me. I can see how that is a reward for him... but should Molly indulge this? What was the bet?
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 09:10:44 pm »

This is so full of awesome. At first I was all excited about a comic with Molly (new, improved hair sheen!) but the part about Beef getting to be an angry blue-collar father for winning a bet... that was chilling for me. I can see how that is a reward for him... but should Molly indulge this? What was the bet?

I do not think we will know the bet.

But between becoming Groucho Marx, more Great Moments in Cinema and this sad, sad man I would say Beef is on a roleplaying kick at the moment. I find it pleasant.

Also, the correct title to today's thread is "Dammit woman". This is not to disparage you, wombat. You are hell of awesome.

Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 09:11:40 pm »

Correct title: The Dog Who Had Some Serious Religion Chops
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 09:22:25 pm »

Those would otherwise have been good choices but you can't expect a person to pass up the chance to use the word 'basenji' in a thread title.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 09:23:20 pm »

I agree that the thread title should properly be "Dammit Woman," but I give Womb@ some leeway with the understanding that she simply cannot resist referencing small mammals whenever possible. 

Also, this sounds remarkably like an afternoon at Dunston Manor. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 10:22:02 pm »

After watching Torchwood last night, Molly looks more and more like Gwen in this picture.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 11:00:01 pm »

Pretty good - I love the idea of Beef winning a bet and getting to be blue-collar, but I think this would have been funnier as just a regular strip. What good is a flowchart if it only flows one way? Molly above all seems like the type who could have fifteen different options for "Should I get out of bed?"

Is Coors the undisputed heavyweight champ of the auto service technician at the Quik Lube?
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 11:15:28 pm »

the mention of an E#m chord makes my head hurt.

</musictheorynerd>
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 7 2008- He'd be more like a basenji dammit
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 11:32:52 pm »

the mention of an E#m chord makes my head hurt.

</musictheorynerd>

It's very similar to an Fm.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: DAMMIT WOMAN
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 02:47:37 am »

Quote from: Arachno-capitalist
Wait, its hip to be an angry blue collar man stuck in his Circumstances?

No... but it is supremely hip to ironically pose as one.

Hence all those douchebag blowdried actors and singer with the trucker hats a few years back.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up