Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008  (Read 3498 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« on: March 13, 2008, 07:05:24 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03132008

Where the heck is everyone that I'm away from the computer all day and I'm starting the thread?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 07:14:58 pm »

Good for Beef for finally taking a stand, but Showbiz is gonna fuck things up
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 07:22:01 pm »

Did you Notice...
... Showbiz asking Beef if he's near a phone, *while talking to him on the phone?*
... Showbiz says "brah" making it legal to beat him senseless in 12 states?
... getting some chicks to lez out at a wedding would be a big year for anybody?
... CortJstr has been spending too much time at snpp.com lately?

When he said Beef used to be off the hook I expected Beef's reaction to be, "no I wasn't" Beef may be a knucklehead since small times but a mega-party animal he is not.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 07:34:40 pm »

Has it been covered what sorta bridesmaids Molly would even have?

She doesn't seem to have a lot of close lady-friends, at least in the land of the living, anyways.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 07:36:45 pm »

When he said Beef used to be off the hook I expected Beef's reaction to be, "no I wasn't" Beef may be a knucklehead since small times but a mega-party animal he is not.

I'm not really sure what I expected his reaction to be, but as the strip progressed I was pleased to see Beef-with-Sac is not a flash in the pan. Will Showbiz ruin the wedding? Possibly. But still.

A+++ would read again. It's been a good week.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 07:52:42 pm »

Did you Notice...
... Showbiz asking Beef if he's near a phone, *while talking to him on the phone?*
... Showbiz says "brah" making it legal to beat him senseless in 12 states?
... getting some chicks to lez out at a wedding would be a big year for anybody?
... CortJstr has been spending too much time at snpp.com lately?

When he said Beef used to be off the hook I expected Beef's reaction to be, "no I wasn't" Beef may be a knucklehead since small times but a mega-party animal he is not.
Today CJ and I are operating on exactly the same brainwave. But if you start wanting to do my girlfriend, its gone too far.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 08:00:44 pm »

Has it been covered what sorta bridesmaids Molly would even have?

She doesn't seem to have a lot of close lady-friends, at least in the land of the living, anyways.

Zombie lez-out!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 08:04:11 pm »

Has it been covered what sorta bridesmaids Molly would even have?

She doesn't seem to have a lot of close lady-friends, at least in the land of the living, anyways.

Zombie lez-out!

I can see the reception now:

Braaaaains! Braaains!
(Showbiz passes out the Cuervo)
pu$$y! pu$$y!
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 09:23:28 pm »

ha, ha, showbiz
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 09:25:40 pm »

Zombie poster!

How's it going, Choop?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 10:16:14 pm »

Also, and this may well be splitting hairs here, but I don't think that a dude as thoughtless and crude would ever refer to The Lesbian Act as "lezzing it up"... the dude would definitely say "dyking it up".

I'm not sure I've ever heard "lez" as a spoken term by an actual person in my entire life, I think it may be one of those media-created swear-replacers like "darn" and "heck" and "frig" and so on... so as to be less offensive but generally still make the point of the curse.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 11:00:57 pm »

are darn and heck actually media-created? I always thought they were boy-whose-momma-will-give-him-a-smack-if-he-says-cusses-created.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 11:05:23 pm »

Eventually, I think they became that but... I don't think that's what they were rooted in.

Just me, just my theory but...

I can't imagine a kid just saying "shoot!" and not still getting his ass kicked for coming close... I have to think that it was created for some bowlderized kinda storytelling and then slowly grew into an accept "half"-swear through that application.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 11:06:31 pm »

my friends always laugh at me when I say "Dang."

I am trying to cuss less.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 11:34:07 pm »

"Are you near a phone?" would have been my choice for the thread subject. I'm just sayin'.

This strip will go down in history. Some of my favorite strips involve "weaker" characters bringing the stones.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up