Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: prodigal?  (Read 5757 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
prodigal?
« on: March 13, 2008, 09:30:50 pm »

Hey everybody, how you all doin?

LORD A MITEY it's been a long while. Somebody got me hooked on this Cyber Nations game and it's basically like treasure to me, I've gotten pretty good at it.

Anyhow, I moved last summer from Atlanta to Commiefornia, more specifically Santa Monica, and this weather leaves me all kerfluffled. I mean I'd heard stories but I thought I was just havin my chain yanked.

So anyway I'm gonna try to be less of a stranger now, I'm all caught up on the strip and just can't bring myself to care about the blogs any more.


Later skaters!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: prodigal?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:34:05 pm »

Hey everybody, how you all doin?
LORD A MITEY it's been a long while.
Another Left Coaster.  You realize you're now hated by Oregonians and Washingtonians, right?

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: prodigal?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 09:41:35 pm »

yeah, i still ain't adjusted to being out here in cali. i don't see why oregon and washington folks would hold anything against me though- i've only been out here like nine months. i ain't even met any of them!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: prodigal?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 10:01:24 pm »

You did get a mafia name while you were gone. Of course we expect you to pull a Q and read every single post since you've been gone in order to find it the hard way.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: prodigal?
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 10:33:08 pm »

oh jesus i'm all kinds of lost in the lingo

all phrases flutterin past and over my head
all confused and icky-feelin in my tummy
all wonderin if i can ever feel right again
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: prodigal?
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 10:45:54 pm »

My only thing against Santa Monica, as a fellow resident of Los Angle-ese County, is that there is pretty much never a point in time out there when the traffic is not awful. Yes, the whole West LA thing is more upscale and ocean-cooled but...

Y'know, up here in the Valley, at least the traffic's only bad at the rush hours.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: prodigal?
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 10:47:16 pm »

Living in Monterey Bay was the greatest time of my life. Unfortunately, I dont think a recent grad would be able to move in. Also, communists.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: prodigal?
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 10:50:32 pm »

Also, while you were gone, it became mandatory to join this year's Pretend Baseball league.

Just... just a heads-up there. haha.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: prodigal?
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 11:05:01 pm »

see the thing about the westside is, if you don't leave the westside you don't have to worry about orful traffic.

basically i walk everywhere except work, where i drive my scooter for like two miles

don't even try to talk me into going downtown though, not unless you mean early on sunday for dim sum in chinatown
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: prodigal?
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 11:24:14 pm »

Anyhow, I moved last summer from Atlanta to Commiefornia, more specifically Santa Monica, and this weather leaves me all kerfluffled. I mean I'd heard stories but I thought I was just havin my chain yanked.

I'm so jealous!

Yeah, before I had ever been to California, people would tell me that it was hot there but not humid. And I would ask them if they thought I was born yesterday, because obviously there was no such thing as heat without humidity.

Oh God, and that was the very definition of blissful ignorance.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: prodigal?
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 11:28:16 pm »

I am pretty convinced that if I moved to California I would be permanently happy. I know that this is not true, but my heart believes it.

The weather, you see. That kind of weather, where it is sunny with a nice breeze and not too humid. That weather is imprinted deep in my brain as How it Should Be, and every day when I wake up and that isn't the weather outside I feel cheated. Because, you see, for the first 4 years of my life it was like that every day.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: prodigal?
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 11:34:21 pm »

Well, here's the flipside, though. When you can basically never feel crappy about the weather, you have a lot more time to feel crappy about yourself.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: prodigal?
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 11:48:10 pm »

Ain't that the truth! However, I also can reconcile that with the fact that I'm selling my skills, not my body, to pay my bills.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: prodigal?
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 11:49:21 pm »

Be that as it may Choop, my  offer still stands.

Good to see you back though.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: prodigal?
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 11:56:39 pm »

Living in Monterey Bay was the greatest time of my life.
Otters are terrible roommates.  They leave their whacking stones all over the place and never make their beds.  Also, abalone farts.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up