Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid  (Read 7163 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« on: March 13, 2008, 11:32:33 pm »

Do you love the flavor of bacon? Do you sometimes lack bacon, or wish you could apply that delicious bacon flavor to other foods not typically associated with bacon? Maybe you don't want to get your pans all dirty?

Brother, do I have just the thing for you!

http://www.baconsalt.com/

It's Bacon Salt! Bacon? check! Salt? check! Kosher? check! --wait, what? YES! that's right, it's even kosher!

And at five bucks a jar, you can't beat the price! That's more bacon flavor than is in a full pound (pre-cooked) of actual real bacon!

Imagine the possibilities:

- Sauteeing your favorite meats - save on fat and calories!
- Add it to eggs when you forgot to get bacon at the store!
- Sprinkle it on popcorn to knock your own socks off!*
- Try it on ice cream! **


* Don't wear your good socks when attempting this
** I haven't actually done this
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 12:03:05 am »

OMG genius.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 12:04:42 am »

One step closer to when we just eat vitamin enriched flavor capsules.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 12:42:35 am »

Man, I'm never gonna get used to the 21st Century...

Caffeinated bacon... baconated grapefruit... Admiral Crunch... Archduke Chocula...
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 04:16:47 am »

Quote
Man, I'm never gonna get used to the 31st Century...

Caffeinated bacon... baconated grapefruit... Admiral Crunch... Archduke Chocula...

Or am I imagining that?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 04:18:25 am »

Well, you see, bacon salt was invented in the 21st Century so... yeah.

Required variation to make the joke work.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 04:28:39 am »

I thought it was a futurama reference. I was reading it in Fry's voice and everything.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 04:58:13 am »

Yeah, that's exactly what it was, I just...

Changed it slightly to fit the...

With the bacon and the futuristic...

Aaaaaaaaaaah. Hit the button, Frank.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 05:00:51 am »

oh, no, I was just making sure I was right in thinking it was from Futurama.

I was not trying to do anything other than that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 01:45:30 pm »

Man, I'm never gonna get used to the 21st Century...

Caffeinated bacon... baconated grapefruit... Admiral Crunch... Archduke Chocula...

Good news, Everyone!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 05:16:44 am »

You made the grave mistake of trying to discuss a new iteration of bacon with Bobby.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 02:11:11 pm »

You made the grave mistake of trying to discuss a new iteration of bacon with Bobby.

Indeed, and another been-there-done-that epic fail. I made a ribeye steak with it (and a little cajun seasoning) over charcoal in August of 2007. The compelling flavor convinced my hitherto vegetarian fiance to take a great big bite and come back to meatdom.



Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 02:16:40 pm »

Well, you see, bacon salt was invented in the 21st Century so... yeah.

Required variation to make the joke work.

We attempted to caffinate our homemade bacon in 2005, but it was neglible due to the poor solubility of the caffeine
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 02:40:35 pm »

Indeed, and another been-there-done-that epic fail. I made a ribeye steak with it (and a little cajun seasoning) over charcoal in August of 2007. The compelling flavor convinced my hitherto vegetarian fiance to take a great big bite and come back to meatdom.

How is that a failure?

We attempted to caffinate our homemade bacon in 2005, but it was neglible due to the poor solubility of the caffeine

How did you try it? It's fairly fat soluble, maybe you could add the caffiene via oil or fat during frying.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Attn: Timmy Trapezoid
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 03:02:58 pm »

How is that a failure?

Fail at meme propagation. It's not that I dont like bacon-related paraphernelia, it's that everyone thinks they found something new when I've heard it before a thousand times. (see also, Gary Gygax dies, OMG FAILED SAVING THROW)


How did you try it? It's fairly fat soluble, maybe you could add the caffiene via oil or fat during frying.

We used water joe and red bull as part of the wet-cure.


Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up