Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....  (Read 5098 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« on: March 14, 2008, 09:22:49 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03142008

I would've gone with the folding chair line but I didn't want to ruin it for anybody who saw the thread before the strip. Because it would be hell of crass for me to ruin such an awesome instance of Beef bringing the wicked sack.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 09:29:58 pm »

man, what's Onstad's deal. He is posting at hell of weird times lately.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 09:31:26 pm »

This reminds me of the story I read in the paper a week or so ago where there was a drive-by at a wedding reception.  Two shot, one killed (neither were bride nor groom, thankfully).  Still, how's that for wedding memories?  The cops caught the gunmen a few blocks away (the timeline presented in the paper didn't make a whole lot of sense to me) and although they were both gang members, its not clear whether the motive for the drive-by was gang related.  Weird.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 09:49:40 pm »

Law + Lash = Beef
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 09:57:19 pm »

Where can I score some of this mexican detergent?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 10:09:36 pm »

Mexican brain detergent. Now that would have been a thread title.

Is "Fools rush in" really the name of that song? Education, I guess.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 10:30:11 pm »

angry Beef is always such a welcome sight.

I'm still kind of curious about the wedding, though ... I seem to remember that Molly had issues getting a job and/or with other things since she's still legally dead. is it possible to marry a dead person, or did that part go the way of the Underground?
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 10:40:53 pm »

Just when you think Showbiz can't prove any further that he has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, he shows he's still got more in the tank. Excellent strip. I like the way this is going.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 10:59:27 pm »

Reeeeeal Weird.  Like creepy weird. I'm on an Elvis kick right now and was listening to this song as checked to see if the comic was updated.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 11:22:20 pm »

A folding chair, no matter what it's made of, does not go "whack. It's usually "Bwanng" or somesuch to my ears. I think that the strip would have been better with no sound effects, just the song, and the spreading pool of blood under Showbiz's head.

This strip was money. Great way to start the weekend.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 11:33:40 pm »

I will say this: When someone decides to give Achewood the Lasagna Cat treatment, this is going to be a real interesting one.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 11:40:30 pm »

The folding chairs at every wedding I've ever been to were made of whitewashed wood.  I think that would be a "whack" as the folding bits clack against each other at the same moment talking cat flesh is impacted.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 12:38:07 am »

This strip basically ends the same as There Will Be Blood.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 01:35:37 am »

I would definitely go to more weddings if I got to beat the shit out of people during "Fools Rush In".

Particularly, whoever it was that picked that song.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: March 14, 2008 - Wiiiiise...men...saaaaay....
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 08:17:00 am »

Before I read the strip I just saw the last few panels and my first thought was that this was an act booked by the same guy that brought us cartilage head.

Angry Beef is awesome too.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up