Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A new kind of mix disc  (Read 1508 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
A new kind of mix disc
« on: March 25, 2008, 01:26:36 pm »

Over at flickr I've been getting into what I am calling song illustrations.  That is, I am taking a song and then creating a photograph that illustrates the song in some fashion.

Here is my latest one which I am quite fond of.  Here is a set that contains them all.

The description of every photograph contains a link to the song that is being illustrated.  You can collect them all to create an exciting mix disc.

Enjoy!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: A new kind of mix disc
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 04:46:20 pm »

Speaking of new kind of mix disc:

http://muxtape.com

Here's mine:

http://jough.muxtape.com

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: A new kind of mix disc
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 04:49:49 pm »

ok, now this is definitely something I can commit to doing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: A new kind of mix disc
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 06:15:01 pm »

OK, uploading now.
I tried hard to make it all flow, but I don't now how successful I was.
I couldn't resist putting 2 replacements songs.

edit: it will be up in 10 minutes once I've converted everything to mp3.

edit: UP and awesome.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 07:00:51 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: A new kind of mix disc
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 07:27:07 pm »

Code: [Select]
<!--
                               **                           
                              /**             ******         
**********  **   ** **   ** ******  ******  /**///**  *****
//**//**//**/**  /**//** ** ///**/  //////** /**  /** **///**
/** /** /**/**  /** //***    /**    ******* /****** /*******
/** /** /**/**  /**  **/**   /**   **////** /**///  /**////
*** /** /**//****** ** //**  //** //********/**     //******
///  //  //  ////// //   //    //   //////// //       //////

-->

ohhhhh shiiiiiiit
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up