Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently  (Read 3783 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

backtoschool

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
    • Back to School (a comic strip)

I don't know if this is allowed, but I'm a big achewood fan, and you guys like comic strips, so:

Back to School
New comics every Monday
btscomic.blogspot.com

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 05:01:10 pm by jough »
Logged
Back to School: a comic strip about people who fail magnificently - btscomic.blogspot.com

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 03:35:08 pm »

Excellent idea, good execution, aplomb. Not bad at all, I say.

Can we have a Shane MacGowan one?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

backtoschool

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
    • Back to School (a comic strip)
Re: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 03:41:07 pm »

Thanks, and yes, Shane MacGowan can definitely be next. Suggestions are always appreciated.
Logged
Back to School: a comic strip about people who fail magnificently - btscomic.blogspot.com

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 03:47:53 pm »

We kind of like people to post some stuff that's not shameless self-promotion first, and then get with the promoting after we know you a bit, but the strip is funny, so I'll allow it. 

The image has a broken link, though. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

backtoschool

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
    • Back to School (a comic strip)
Re: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 04:07:23 pm »

Thanks, I appreciate it. My bad.
Logged
Back to School: a comic strip about people who fail magnificently - btscomic.blogspot.com

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 05:01:51 pm »

This won't make it into my RSS, but if someone else links to one I'll pause for a second before clicking the little close tab button.

Progress!

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 08:14:04 pm »

So is the joke that you dont have any skills as an artist but wanted to do an internet cartoon anyway where you just repeat the same joke with different ingredients? If that was your intention, success, you are a joke!
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 08:32:05 pm »

So is the joke that you dont have any skills as an artist but wanted to do an internet cartoon anyway

You have no idea how often I have this VERY thought.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 08:49:46 pm »

I thought that was the joke behind Dinosaur Comics. 

I mean, I thought that wasn't a joke any more, just a thing people did sometimes. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 10:19:52 pm »

It's practically a genre.

Also there are lots of comics by people who don't draw. This one and this for instance.  Oh, and this one.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 10:50:21 pm »

It's practically a genre.

Also there are lots of comics by people who don't draw. This one and this for instance.  Oh, and this one.

The guy who does Partially Clips also provides writing (but not art) for Erfworld. So he should count double.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 06:50:23 am »

If people are going to start being down on a softer world I'm going to have to open up a can.

I got a couple of giggles out of this but I'd feel better about it if I thought you'd joined for a reason other to pimp your shit, this can be done with style. See: Deathray.

Not that I think Deathray joined just to pimp his stuff, fellow's a success anyway and doesn't need us, we're just small time.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

backtoschool

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
    • Back to School (a comic strip)
Re: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 03:07:10 pm »

I confess that I don't really see what's so bad about joining a forum of people who like a comic that I like in order to tell them about my comic, which I think they might like based on the fact that we like the same comics. Besides, I'm not making any money from the site or anything, I just thought some of you might enjoy it. And I'm glad some of you have!

As for my lack of artistic abilities, that one's pretty bang-on. I did, in fact, want to make a comic strip for a local paper, but my drawing skills just weren't going to cut it. I have no regrets.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Logged
Back to School: a comic strip about people who fail magnificently - btscomic.blogspot.com

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 03:43:05 pm »

I think the main concern is that if you create an account, make a post that says "Come see my webcomic!" and your sole interaction with the group is to promote your comic, it comes off a little spammy. Think of it in these terms: if your site wasn't a webcomic, but say, a website selling handbags, or hosting a petition to remove Prime Minister Sarkozy from office, would you be surprised if the response was a little hostile? The fact that your site is presenting the same type of content as the figurative subject of this forum makes it only slightly different.

Now, if you turn out to be a contributing member of the forum, then all the antagonism goes away. Otherwise, your post looks like you see us, not as the awesome group of future world-changers that we are, and more like An Unknown Quantity of Potential Customers.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: My comic strip: Back to School - in which people fail magnificently
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 05:54:42 pm »

-removed due to knicker-twistiness/tampon-falling-out-

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 06:12:07 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up