Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Secret Ice Cream Shop (10-03-03)  (Read 7924 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FancieBabie

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wudoin.com
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop (10-03-03)
« on: November 02, 2003, 12:00:29 am »

so like, this comic was posted nov 1. why is the date nov 3?

it's an ok one. i like phillipe's expression

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 05:27:04 am by Nabubrush »
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2003, 12:19:28 am »

I just assumed this is Mondays comic posted super early. Maybe Onstad did have a really crappy Halloween.

I dug the artwork on the '61 Econoline. That is exactly the rape van that Nice Pete should drive. Should we be concerned for Phillipe?
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2003, 12:26:54 am »

I'm very concerned for Philippe's well-being.  

That Otter needs ice cream, STAT!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 12:37:11 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I'm very concerned for Philippe's well-being.  

That Otter needs ice cream, STAT!


I just pray it is ice cream. It sounds like Philippe's naivety might be getting him in something deep.
Glad to see he's still in the bee costume though!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2003, 01:36:59 am »

Oh my GOD people how can you be talking about the DATE on this cartoon.  And you all left me ALONE with it for like TWO HOURS.

I don't think I can stand to see where this goes.  Someone email me when it's over.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2003, 02:10:12 am »

Quote from: "wombat"

I don't think I can stand to see where this goes.  Someone email me when it's over.


No, I have blind faith that it's not what I feared it might be.
Nice Pete is nicer than that. I like Nice Pete, and he'll be so nie to Philippe!
Or maybe the Japanese Syndicate have taken over Onstad's brain and they're going to turn it into something 'Audition'y or similair scary Asian movie...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2003, 03:28:07 am »

I am currently praying that they actually make it and that there's nice soy ice cream in Philippe's favorite flavors and that it all works out. But I am worried. Very, very worried.

Poor Philippe...
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2003, 05:55:54 am »

Yes, count me into the Extremely Concerned camp...
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2003, 06:17:43 am »

1.  Onstad posted Monday's strip on Saturday just to torture us.  What do you wanna bet Tuesday's strip will post at 11:59 PST on Tuesday?  Stupid cliffhangers!  Either that or he'll never finish the storyline.

B.  Given Onstad's wonderful taste for the absurd, what are the odds that Phillippe will end up killing Nice Pete?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2003, 06:36:42 am »

I put two bucks on "Tuesday's strip posts as late as possible on Tuesday, possibly verging on Wednesday, and/or does not post at all," with an additional dollar on "storyline gets dropped wordlessly."
Logged

FancieBabie

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wudoin.com
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2003, 03:54:36 pm »

no way, phillipe will be ok.
Logged

FeeReep

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2003, 06:16:14 pm »

I had a crappy Halloween and missed the strip.

All I can do is gasp. Please, please, please let that costume have a deadly stinger.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2003, 08:25:46 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I put two bucks on "Tuesday's strip posts as late as possible on Tuesday, possibly verging on Wednesday, and/or does not post at all," with an additional dollar on "storyline gets dropped wordlessly."


This is a $5 table.

I just can't fathom doing anything to the most popular character. I know Onstad likes to be contrary but that would be bad business.
Logged

ManDingo

  • Guest
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2003, 09:47:24 pm »

Is that van a new vehicle Onstad modeled or a larger Todd's van?  I always like it when he illustrates new vehicles.

Super secret ice cream sounds fun! I don't know what you all are complaining about.
Logged

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2003, 12:03:54 am »

On the one hand, I know nothing really bad will happen to Philippe.

On the other - I am going to have that aforementioned uncomfortable feeling until I know for sure.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up