Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Secret Ice Cream Shop (10-03-03)  (Read 7899 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2003, 12:34:39 am »

I... well, I know intellectually that Onstad wouldn't do anything permanently bad to Philippe. This doesn't prevent him from doing something temporarily very bad, though, or doing something that should be permanently very bad and then pretend that it never happened. And I worry, nonetheless.

In other notes, I believe the van is a new drawing.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2003, 01:35:39 am »

Quote
As far as the safety of the characters goes? I don't really care. They're cartoon characters. Pull their arms off -- reattach them backstage. They have eternal life.


Reassuring, or not?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2003, 01:43:48 am »

I'm just praying that Phillippe doesn't wind up driving that van with Todd's license plate frame on it.
Some of the other comments are awesome. The Deadly Stinger on his costume would be awesome.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2003, 04:33:47 am »

Todd's van is obviously a 1976-8 Chevy Van, whereas Nice Pete's is presented quite plainly as a 1961 Ford Econoline "Delivery Van."

As has already been stated, it's better to be a friend of Nice Pete's than to be a stranger to Nice Pete. You don't think he kills someone because he knows and dislikes them, do you?

He may only kill people he likes inadvertently. You know, like feeding an otter ice cream.


My heart aches for Phillippe.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

gnpaaron

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2003, 05:03:24 am »

Pete's murders are done because they are necessary - isn't this obvious? I don't think those people would have been murdered if they didn't need murdering. Look at Teodor - completely un-murdered.
Logged

Hobbes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2003, 05:27:49 am »

Come on, we all know the real season for these strips is to continue to show Phillipe off in new outfits. All in building for the "Many Sides Of Phillipe" hardcover in 2004.
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2003, 08:53:07 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"


I just can't fathom doing anything to the most popular character. I know Onstad likes to be contrary but that would be bad business.


You know Onstad has no mercy and is not a sell out. If he thought it was funny he would totally practice taxidermy on phillipe. and use glitter and sequins. or even make an animated gif of phillipe being sock puppeted by nice pete.

But Phillipe could just be going to the SUPER SECRET ICE CREAM SOCIETY like nice pete said, he seems to be a nice guy. I would get in a van of doom with nice pete if I was five. That would be a good decision because I would get ice cream.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2003, 10:37:42 am »

Wow, I completely was unaware of this strip until tonight; at least I don't have to suffer with the cliffhanger as long ...unless the storyline really never finishes.

I am slightly worried; first thoughts were 'uh oh philippe!'
I know nothing too horrible could happen permanently ..beef has been killed a few times and still lives; perhaps philippe could get a net connection, too!
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2003, 02:43:03 pm »

Is Onstad implying that...no....no, there WILL be an ice cream shop, don't worry Philippe.  They don't call him Nice Pete for nothing.

Frames of Phillippe looking away are priceless.
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2003, 03:08:10 pm »

Oh sure, Onstad might screw with the characters, or even kill them off in a very temporary way but they bounce back good as new. Sometimes even better.
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2003, 03:26:29 pm »

I suspect that the Super Secret Ice Cream Parlor is actually the refridgerator of some family nice Pete killed. Hope Phillipe likes Sealtest.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2003, 07:22:21 pm »

I was just happy to actually see Philippe annoyed with someone.  But then, I liked surly teen Philippe
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2003, 08:10:10 pm »

::wonders if this is a reference to Wet Hot American Summer and a "super secret pizza party," in which case Philippe will probably wish he had a bike helmet or something::
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2003, 08:14:51 pm »

Hey, FJ, long time no post.

Good call on that reference.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2003, 11:17:36 pm »

I think it'd be kind of funny-cruel (in the same vein as Philippe's unforgettable Xmas present from Lyle) to see Philippe tossed out the side of the van onto an embankment.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up