Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day  (Read 5707 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« on: April 01, 2008, 04:04:31 pm »

I don't know how much longer they're going to keep it like this, but currently any of the featured videos on the front page of youtube goes to a rickroll video. You have to admire youtube/Google's sense of humor. Sure they're a vessel for an incredibly annoying fad, but at least they're embracing it.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 04:12:56 pm »

http://www.wisebread.com/apple-introduces-most-outrageous-rewards-program-in-history

This one almost got me, but I figured it out halfway through the article.  Anybody else get the nagging feeling this has been done before?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 04:54:25 pm »

A couple of webcomics like xkcd and Dinosaur Comics are switching sites which is kind of meh. The non-pixel Diesel Sweeties is kind of neat although Kate is actually less attractive this way.

Think Geek's annual e-mail is OK. I still wish they'd find a way to actually make the power-up mushroom from a couple of years ago.

I think my favorite so far is Google Australia's MATE program that now means the US is two days behind them.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 05:32:02 pm »

I haven't seen anything in particular today, somehow, but someone sent me this old one which was right up my alley.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 05:48:06 pm »

I asked my future roomie if he had turned in the contract for our apartment (which is due tonight at midnight) last night at 1:02 and then reacted with horror when he said no. "IT WAS DUE AT MIDNIGHT!"

He fell for it for a minute, and then said "daniel... you just... daniel, the new day starts at midnight. you're just confused. it means midnight tomorrow. LOL."

lame.

I am trying to think of something else to do.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 07:34:09 pm »

The google-virgin virgil mars trip thing was pretty hilarious. I wonder how many people seriously filled out the form thinking google was going to send them to mars.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 08:25:58 pm »

links, people!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 08:28:02 pm »

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 08:39:48 pm »

http://www.espn4.com/

Is the candidate deathmatch thing the only joke there or are the headlines/ads/etc fake also?

And what happened to The Ocho?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 08:46:42 pm »

Is the candidate deathmatch thing the only joke there or are the headlines/ads/etc fake also?

And what happened to The Ocho?

looks like just the deathmatch, maybe they saved the file and only changed the lead article. links all go to espn.go.com which is for real

the ocho? good question, beats me
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 09:51:09 pm »

The google-virgin virgil mars trip thing was pretty hilarious. I wonder how many people seriously filled out the form thinking google was going to send them to mars.
http://www.google.com/virgle/index.html
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 10:15:59 pm »

I prefer the classics - fake search engine pages that make it look like they forgot to renew the domain, etc.

The YouTube thing is pretty cool, though. It's like admitting that they are a part of the culture instead of existing above it, etc.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 02:21:43 am »

The collegehumor stunt was to have the domain redirect to a myspace page of some chick saying her dad bought the domain for her.
  http://www.myspace.com/ashleekirschenbaum 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 02:27:44 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2008, 02:46:31 am »

I liked all of Blizzard's stuff. Tauren Marines look intimidating.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Favorite April Fool's Day jokes of the... Day
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 03:27:15 am »

I dunno... I stand by the notion that April Fools Day is the least funny day to prank anyone because... it's April fuckin' Fools Day. If there is any day I purposely shoot for being not-wacky, it is April Fools Day.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up