Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick  (Read 4231 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« on: April 06, 2008, 10:34:31 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04042008

OK, really now, the computer is getting a bit old. Enough already.

I do like the idea of Cornelius conversing with a finch though.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 02:41:16 pm »

Today I learned that finches natural enemies include owls and quick dogs. Especially when said birds are lost in a good book.

Education.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 03:20:51 pm »

I actually laughed at this one, unlike the previous three.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 04:53:33 pm »

yeah, um. no laughs.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 06:35:31 pm »

This is all just setup for the revelation that Shrovis-Bishopthorpe is headquartered in New Jersey.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 08:30:08 pm »

Yeah, I definitely am no getting anything out of this particular nugget of gratis entertainment.

Maybe someone with a deep Anglophilia would? I dunno. I like England just fine, many interesting things and people have come from there but... there are Americans who make a deep fetish of it and I'm not one of them.

I reckon those people are the ones who keep shitty old British sitcoms on PBS rerun blocks under the idea that since they're British, they must be good when... no... they're bad sitcoms of roughly the same badness of our own, except with actors that look like human beings instead of aliens from the planet Plastic.

The Young Ones and Monty Python, for example, are great.

The show about all the excitable assholes who work in British Macys twenty-five years ago or the one where Judi Dench lives in the country and is married to an ugly man for some reason? Not so much.

This little run definitely correlates with the latter and not the former.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 08:36:57 pm »

remember how bad the "wee britain" story arc was in arrested development?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 08:50:32 pm »

Well... yes.

However, the ending with the walking on water and "that's... not my trick" ...beat... "that's my ILLUSION!"?

One of the best endings in television history... so it made up for itself. If this story arc can end with the best "Being There" reference ever, all would be forgiven.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 09:10:39 pm »

The show about all the excitable assholes who work in British Macys twenty-five years ago

I dunno, dude. I love Are You Being Served? The spinoff, Are You Being Served... Again?, on the other hand, blew goats.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 09:28:07 pm »

Jeez, why's everyone so cranky this weekend. I liked this. I was pleased to see it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hambone

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 09:31:46 pm »

remember how bad the "wee britain" story arc was in arrested development?
For reasons that had nothing to do with the "Wee Britain" premise itself and everything to do with a) the stupid Michael-doesn't-realize-this-girl-is-retarded storyline, b) the fact that said stupid storyline was carried on way too long, and c) Charlize Theron's complete inability to play comic roles/general lack of charisma? 

Yes, I remember that. 

As for this arc, I think it's turning a corner... I liked the first one, enjoyed the next two in a lukewarm kind of way, and now... well, this one is better.  I don't know why, but I think something's emerging beyond the repetitive British jokes. 

Of course, that means the arc is probably over.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 12:32:50 am »

I just think the whole "Oh, I say old chap, isn't this rather British?" schtick is lazy humour.  The only bit I laughed at in the entire arc was the "owls and quick dogs" line.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 01:03:25 am »

you realize that complaining about it makes him do more of them right



PERSONALLY I LOVE THIS BRITISH COMPUTER STORYLINE AND DO NOT WISH IT TO END
SPIN IT OFF INTO A NEW STRIP ONSTAD
WITH TEE SHIRTS OF ITS OWN AND THE LIKE
THE FINCH CAN COOK RIGHT
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

spiral

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 12:25:34 pm »

I'm enjoying it but then I'm English, and it's fun trying to figure out what all these stereotypes mean.
Logged

herofix

  • Guest
Re: April 5th 2008 - What really climbs my prick
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 03:55:55 pm »

I was just impressed that anyone outside of Britain knew about Al Murray: Pub Landlord.  That alone was worth a snicker.  Then again, maybe he just searched for 'publican' on Google Images.  Then again, maybe he came across him on his trip to Britain.  Then again, maybe Al Murray is more well-known outside of Britain than I thought.

Then again...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 05:51:15 pm by herofix »
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up