Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Quarterly Update  (Read 10138 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Quarterly Update
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2003, 10:16:42 pm »

Come on, people, can't we move beyond the homo jokes and think of new, exciting insults for FeroJ? Like, uh...

Oh, crap. Sixth grade was a long time ago, and I'm not even sure if I know any old exciting insults.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Quarterly Update
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2003, 11:13:38 pm »

Back in second grade I remember it was all the rage to somehow incorporate cabbage into insults flung across the schoolyard, but damned if I can remember why now.

Is mystery of life; cannot be solved, only looked at.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2003, 11:28:29 pm »

My eighth graders like to insult each other by calling each other black. Of course, all of my students are black, but that's just one of those cultural differences I'm coming to accept
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2003, 04:12:00 am »

My spouse use to taunt a childhood friend with the epithet, "Your momma's name is Gretchen.  Gretchen-Anna Jones!"  For some reason, this was very upsetting to the other kid.  Pedro still can't explain it.  

In my schoolyard, cooties nearly reached epidemic levels.  And let's not forget individualized "germs."  E.g., "jldunston germs, no returns, guaranteed to give you worms."  

Even as a fourth-grader I had an aversion to slant rhyme.

[Edit: Also, back then, I wasn't jldunston.  That seems...odd...now.]
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Quarterly Update
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2003, 04:21:13 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"

In my schoolyard, cooties nearly reached epidemic levels.  And let's not forget individualized "germs."  E.g., "jldunston germs, no returns, guaranteed to give you worms."  

Even as a fourth-grader I had an aversion to slant rhyme.

[Edit: Also, back then, I wasn't jldunston.  That seems...odd...now.]


Hey, try it when you are only use to being called Slink! Then it gets very odd!!
And I have, for various reasons, recently been trying to remember the schoolyard taunts we had our in middle-of-nowhere Scottish village school, and for the life of me I can't remember any.
I guess there were the usual ones that went round, but I never used them. I could never understand them, or the point in them. I think I was always just a little sharper as a kid, than the people I was at school with. But then my parents brought me up scarily well in terms of making me a smart ass kid, and I always pretended to be older 'cause I hung out with my older brother a lot.
I don't know... But I never remember using any, and thusly don't actually remember any at all.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Quarterly Update
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2003, 11:02:43 am »

Sig file quotes to your site are fine fine fine.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2003, 11:19:08 pm »

A conversation about childhood insults lead to my entire goup of university thespians calling each other by horribly insulting names and even now when I run into one of my class mates years later I'm all like "Hey Stinky!!!".

I remember very loudly telling a friend "I'll see you later, you child molester!" in the middle of a very quite study room in the library to many an disgusted glance.

Amoung my friends there is, "Cheryl-the-sterile-barrel,"  and my best friend is "Little-nija-fat-head," I went through school with no nick name, and when my friend heard this he exclaimed "But Mel rhymes with Smell!!" and since about the age of ninteen my best friend now always calls me "sMells" I can't recall the last time I heard her call me by my name.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Quarterly Update
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2003, 12:11:16 am »

Well, Smells, after revealing your nickname no one on here will likely call you anything else either. ;)

I have never had a nickname (some ex-girlfriends have tried out "asshole" or "jerkoff" for awhile, but it never really stuck) and since nothing rhymes with "Jough" (not in English, anyway) there was never anything obvious.

Friends call me Jough, co-workers always called me "Dempsey", but you can call me MISTER Dempsey.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2003, 01:24:15 am »

After a role in King John I've been known as The Bastard.

There was a guy who we called Chris VanBuckwheat simply because nobody could pronounce his actual last name and Buckwheat was our all-purpose substitute for the unprouncable or forgotten.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2003, 01:26:47 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Well, Smells, after revealing your nickname no one on here will likely call you anything else either. ;)

I have never had a nickname (some ex-girlfriends have tried out "asshole" or "jerkoff" for awhile, but it never really stuck) and since nothing rhymes with "Jough" (not in English, anyway) there was never anything obvious.

Friends call me Jough, co-workers always called me "Dempsey", but you can call me MISTER Dempsey.


Actually I quiet like J-Lough, jerkoff.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Quarterly Update
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2003, 01:45:18 am »

During high school, I was nickname Teflon. It got to the point that my friends all just called me "MyRealName," occasionally with finger-quotes to drive the point home. There was, however, one embarrassing incident where a friend in middle school chased me down the hall yelling "Heyyyy, LOBELIA...", but I've already said too much.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2003, 01:50:12 am »

Quote from: "jough"
... but you can call me MISTER Dempsey.


Actually, they should call ME Mister Dempsey.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2003, 01:58:34 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
During high school, I was nickname Teflon.


I used to call a boy I had a crush on in highschool "Teflon Hair" which he really enjoyed.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Quarterly Update
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2003, 02:00:55 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
During high school, I was nickname Teflon.


I used to call a boy I had a crush on in highschool "Teflon Hair" which he really enjoyed.

Well, I meant "nickname Teflon" in that they couldn't get a nickname to stick, not that I was actually nicknamed "Teflon." But that would be a really awesome nickname.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Quarterly Update
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2003, 05:50:19 am »

Quote from: "side_show"

Actually I quiet like J-Lough, jerkoff.


So would that be pronounced like J-Law?  Or J-Loo? Or J-Loff?  Or J-Lug?

And I don't think we've ever dated, Smells, so your little pet name for me is just wholly inappropriate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up