Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Quarterly Update  (Read 10163 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Quarterly Update
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2003, 02:47:09 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Amoung my friends there is, "Cheryl-the-sterile-barrel,"  and my best friend is "Little-nija-fat-head," I went through school with no nick name, and when my friend heard this he exclaimed "But Mel rhymes with Smell!!" and since about the age of ninteen my best friend now always calls me "sMells" I can't recall the last time I heard her call me by my name.


My friends are also all about the rhyming, or efficient-combination of name and insult nicknames, hence, Daryl becomes Steryl, and I, being Lily, am Smilly, since it's easier to say than Smelly Lily.  It's a good life.

Ironic insults are also a fun game... a very good friend of mine succeeded in starting a trend of calling me "The Fattest", as in real life I am unreasonably scrawny.  It caught on.
Logged
goose means greedy

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2003, 03:13:28 am »

Way back in the day, in elementary school, the kids used to call me "Limburger cheese", presumably because a) Limburger is similar  to my last name and b) said cheese is reputed to be smelly.  I don't remember being bothered by it, and in fact I may have found it a little sad that they couldn't come up with anything better.

In high school, I was variously known as "Stego Steve" (long story) and "Slug" (even longer story).  Slug actually stuck for many years, in part because I used it in my email address, as a character name on several muds, and in general conversation.  At least two old acquaintances still call me that, in fact.

I also had a boss who called me Thug ("Because you look like a thug") and/or Voux (for reasons that never really made sense).  But nowadays, most people just ignore me, which is the best nickname/insult yet.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2003, 01:38:25 pm »

I knew I guy named Steve Galbraith.  He used to introduce himself as "Seagull Breath."  

I never had a nickname, fortunately.  I wasn't popular enough to be picked on.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2003, 12:06:00 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "side_show"

Actually I quiet like J-Lough, jerkoff.


So would that be pronounced like J-Law?  Or J-Loo? Or J-Loff?  Or J-Lug?

And I don't think we've ever dated, Smells, so your little pet name for me is just wholly inappropriate.


J-Lough doesn't need to be pronounced - this is a message board so I assume it's not really read aloud by anyone but the most creepy weirdos. Also, Jerkoff, sarcastic verbal sparring and no physical contact describes all my relationships in the late 90's, so for me it's almost like we're dating right now!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2003, 12:21:44 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"

Ironic insults are also a fun game... a very good friend of mine succeeded in starting a trend of calling me "The Fattest", as in real life I am unreasonably scrawny.  It caught on.


When I worked at the comic store I used to greet one of they older-and-still-lives-with-his-mother type geeks who was hard core into the Japanse school girl comics with "Hey there Handsome" - he always reacted in the terrified way that men who don't have woman be nice to them do, and I always enjoyed knowing there was nothing handsome about him.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Quarterly Update
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2003, 02:24:55 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
sarcastic verbal sparring and no physical contact describes all my relationships in the late 90's, so for me it's almost like we're dating right now!


Wow, you're quite the fuck*ng keeper, huh, Smells?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2003, 03:00:41 am »

You got that right, Jerkoff
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Quarterly Update
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2003, 03:18:14 am »

You'd better knock it off, Smells.  They'll think we're in love.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2003, 03:36:51 am »

Smells and Jerkoff
Sittin' in a tree
K - I - SS - I - N - G
First comes Love
Then comes Marriage
Then comes Jerkoff
With a baby carriage.


What a lovely couple you two make.  Where are you registered?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2003, 03:41:23 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

Then comes Jerkoff
With a baby carriage.


This sounds like something very illegal.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Quarterly Update
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2003, 03:53:01 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

Then comes Jerkoff
With a baby carriage.


That's a new kind of classy.

I feel terribly left out. I want a hugely derogatory and unfair nickname.
Come on guys, I know you're just aching to throw suggestions at me!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2003, 04:38:04 am »

Well. slink becomes stink very easily.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Quarterly Update
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2003, 04:55:50 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
Well. slink becomes stink very easily.


Maybe that's why everyone calls me Slinky now.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Quarterly Update
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2003, 05:04:01 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "side_show"
Well. slink becomes stink very easily.


Maybe that's why everyone calls me Slinky now.


I already call someone "Stinky" aka "stinky-Sherry-smells like eggs" and often when she walks into a room people will say "Does somebody smell eggs?"  Which confused the profs to no end.  This all comes from her being over at my house, where we fried up eggs and then beautifully gift wrapped them and delivered them to our friends' mail boxes with quotes from Green Eggs and Ham.  Her and my other friend aka "Diaper baby" also regularly came over to my place to launch eggs off my balcony onto Broadway.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Quarterly Update
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2003, 05:34:39 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
Her and my other friend aka "Diaper baby" also regularly came over to my place to launch eggs off my balcony onto Broadway.


Suddenly I feel normal having a best friend called Millhouse.
(He is actually the spitting image of Millhouse. To the extent we wanted to dye his hair blue on his birthday, but he escaped us).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up