Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven  (Read 2459 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« on: April 09, 2008, 08:48:49 am »

Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 08:51:52 am »

oh, goddamn, I really want to be eating a microwavable pizza right now.

That and Steely Dan are what I want right now, is that so wrong?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 10:17:57 am »

oh, goddamn, I really want to be eating a microwavable pizza right now.

That and Steely Dan are what I want right now, is that so wrong?

So wrong.

But I know the feeling... there are times when you want to sit back with bad food, bad beer and bad music or movies, and the combination of it all takes you to a special place of happy.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 11:30:02 am »

This arc can't end sooner for me.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 11:36:48 am »

This is actually a turn in the right direction for me.
I am now dreadfull afraid of Mr. Teal who I suspect knows that two can keep a secret only if one is dead.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 12:52:12 pm »

So wrong.

But I know the feeling... there are times when you want to sit back with bad food, bad beer and bad music or movies, and the combination of it all takes you to a special place of happy.

I think this is why I like to eat pizza rolls while watching wrestling. Something about ODB vs. Gail Kim and greasy food just seem to go together.

Did Mr. Bear ever get that internet key?
Logged

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 01:27:55 pm »

I think this is why I like to eat pizza rolls while watching wrestling. Something about ODB vs. Gail Kim and greasy food just seem to go together.

A man can no more eat Foie Gras with wrestling than can he gruffle down a Quarter Pounder in front of Faust.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 02:07:47 pm »

oh, wait, what?

Steely Dan are damn good. Listen to this guitar solo, please.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 02:19:08 pm »

Mr. Teal is starting to remind me of Barry Bass.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 03:17:29 pm »

Quote from: theinevitable
That and Steely Dan are what I want right now, is that so wrong?

If Steely Dan and ANYTHING are wrong, I don't wanna be right.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 04:18:02 pm »

Anybody else think this is some kind of EULA sting operation? 

Anyone?  Anyone? 

Just me, then? 

I gotta stop caring so much about digital freedom. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 04:47:57 pm »

Damned click-wrap agreements.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 04:48:22 pm »

My attitude toward this arc: Please sir, no more.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 06:26:50 pm »

This arc just took a turn for the interesting.

Also, Steely Dan are awesome!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: April 9th 2008 - Insert a Diskette at Half Eleven
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 08:18:54 pm »

Who knew Mr Teal had such a dark heart?  The blur between the virtual world of AI help avatars and meatspace is a bit boggling for me.  The Publican microwaves food, and yet can be eliminated by moving him onto a floppy?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up