Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Obscure Inside Joke Game  (Read 5479 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« on: April 23, 2008, 04:24:01 pm »

Oh, how self-indulgent I am! 

Here's a little game I thought up just now, while rejecting the idea of posting in another thread a joke that most people wouldn't get because it happened so long ago.  Let's take turns posting an obscure reference or inside joke from the board (or from Achewood in general).  First person to explain it gets to post the next one.  This is also a good place for more recent additions to our TOUAMB-family to figure out what the heck we mean when we talk. 

I'll start with an easy one: giraffe placenta. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 04:31:16 pm »

I'll start with an easy one: giraffe placenta. 

*weeps*
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 04:37:59 pm »

*weeps*
What, no link?  Aww, cort, don't give up your right to be the verb for displays of archival prowess. 

I'd link the thread, but I don't want to answer my own question. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 05:00:27 pm »

What, no link?  Aww, cort, don't give up your right to be the verb for displays of archival prowess. 

I'd link the thread, but I don't want to answer my own question. 

I'll bring the nested links.

Now what about Gina?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 05:07:07 pm »

I think Gina made her first appearance while I was on hiatus.  I don't remember it happening, at all. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 07:59:53 pm »

Cockrub Warriors
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 08:16:52 pm »

Quote
I think Gina made her first appearance while I was on hiatus.  I don't remember it happening, at all.

That's because human memories are not strong enough to escape Gina's gravitational pull (or, the gravitational pull of her... gina? suction?)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 10:07:15 pm »

What I like about this thread is it's about education.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 10:12:20 pm »

the other day was Hobot's birthday, as long as we're on the subject.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 10:30:50 pm »

Obligatory: Barbed p e n i s.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 10:33:35 pm »

Cover that barbed p e n i s with a filter for #####
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 11:38:38 pm »

CUNT ##### ****** c*ck fuck*ng pu$$y
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 12:33:53 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 12:32:22 am »

CUNT ##### ****** c*ck

Don't forget "fuck*ng." Perhaps my favorite of the bunch.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 12:36:40 am »

CUNT ##### ****** c*ck fuck*ng pu$$y

%%%%%
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 12:39:28 am »

Smells refers to a particularly fun Tommy Trapezoid avatar, I believe.

No, it all started with a fairly forgetable Achewood strip, which lead to the then n00b misterqueue being hilarious, and me posting about teaching sex-ed and my off hand mentioning the term "frotage" within the post, followed by Doc asking for an explanation of what that is.  In my books it is one of the best threads we've ever had, and it includes the induction of the then n00b, misterqueue, into the fold, an extensive discussion of dry humping (Woodberry Hello-o!), the hatred for shitty crafts, etc.  It is, as far as I'm concerned, one of the most wonderful threads we've cooked up here at TOUAMB.  I am nostalgic for those days.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 12:59:21 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up