Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Obscure Inside Joke Game  (Read 5449 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 12:42:41 am »

Quote
Cover that barbed p e n i s with a filter for ******

Wait, why is ****** censored?

also: that storyline introduced me to one of my favorite concepts-- creating my own form letters. I do this sometimes and it is always a success.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 01:01:52 am »

%%%%%

Oh, yeah, you gotta go back to Dumbrella days to know that one. 

Don't forget $$$$$. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 01:15:59 am »

Oh, yeah, you gotta go back to Dumbrella days to know that one. 

Don't forget $$$$$. 

OK, I admit defeat. I don't remember that one. I remember Windows and Apple being blocked but I think that was post-split.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 01:18:49 am »

What I like about this thread is it's about education.

Beat me to it!

What I don't like about this thread is that it's about memory. I go back to Dumbrella and I can't remember either of those filters, dammit.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 01:46:37 am »

I have an excellent on-topic pun I could make, but I better not because I am still on double secret probation.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 03:23:07 am »

Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 03:35:21 am »

OK, I admit defeat. I don't remember that one. I remember Windows and Apple being blocked but I think that was post-split.

Aww, I'm just fuckin' witcha.  There's no $$$$$ filter. 

Or is there? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 07:48:25 am »

##### *****

I forgot the other one, but did it once.

Also, why no A-CAP?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 08:04:51 am »

Also the one that effects the five letter word for equine animals.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 12:43:43 pm »

let's not forget our esteemed member emeritus, 235w103, AKA Bozack. 

Also, there's at least one censor nobody's discovered yet.  I'm not kidding this time.  It's one of Jough's, and I'm not going to tell you what it is, but if it ever, ever comes up, I will be entirely shocked as well as dismayed. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 12:53:25 pm »

A word so offensive that we have never yet used it?

That everyone is now going to try to guess?

nooooo.....
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 02:07:07 pm »

Oh, please don't try.  It's awful, just awful.  That way lies Madness...and Civilization.  (Hint.) 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 02:18:12 pm by jay-ell »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 02:12:14 pm »

Not the Mayor!  NOT THE MAYOR!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 02:15:52 pm »

How are things in Banana Town? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The Obscure Inside Joke Game
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 03:19:33 pm »

wait, jay-ell? I remember this change being discussed but how long has it been like this? I feel very unobservant.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up