Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.  (Read 8503 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 05:43:21 am »

Hmmmmmm.

Phil Collins?

No?

Dammit. That's gonna be the answer to something, someday.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 10:46:23 am »

toto?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 11:05:46 am »

Close, but you're way off.

Think internet phenomenon.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 01:01:00 pm »

PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 01:01:16 pm »

Oh, well that makes sense.

I can't see how your post in the today I'm gonna thread makes any sense though Judy. I can only surmise you lead us on out of spite and malice.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 02:43:43 pm »


Christ, you damn kids and your filters! What the hell does PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE filter out?

A super-annoying feline-based meme that first got popular about a year and a half ago. RStevens had his own version called lolbots.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 02:53:51 pm »

PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE?

That's all?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 06:29:26 pm »

lol cats?  (PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE)

I can has cheeseburger?

Barbed c*ck?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 06:32:31 pm »

Ah, so I can has cheeseburger.  Good.  Good.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 06:40:19 pm »

Yes you CAN.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 09:25:04 pm »

Hm. Yeah, I never really "got" that meme, I guess. All Your Base, neither.

But the "Ate Your Balls" fad, there was something just... fascinating about it.

Not entertaining but, like, fascinating.

Like you knew that this was exactly where the web was heading and it was just waiting for the technology to catch up with the impulse. Like a baby taking its first steps and your mind fully grasping that in twenty years it will be using this skill to unsuccessfully run from the police.

There was something mezmerizing about it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 10:51:40 pm »

Back when I had a website, I had an interview section where I would talk to people who had done something on the Internet that amused me. I considered it quite the coup that I got the guy who did the original Mr. T/Chewbacca Ate My Balls pages.

Nowadays, if I did that, they'd laugh at me!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2008, 11:29:12 pm »

Back when I had a website, I had an interview section where I would talk to people who had done something on the Internet that amused me. I considered it quite the coup that I got the guy who did the original Mr. T/Chewbacca Ate My Balls pages.

Nowadays, if I did that, they'd laugh at me!

Totally.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008, 02:05:54 pm »

I know Jough is alive, because I saw a comment he made on some blog the other day.  I forget which one, some tech/geek blog that I don't read regularly.

Interesting, going down a completely random comment thread, and thinking "Hey I know that guy."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Mr. Dempsey, where ever you are.
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008, 02:15:09 pm »

I do that on Lore's blog a lot. Mainly with Cort.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up