Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 29 April 2008 - That part of the painting where God's finger touches Adam's  (Read 2028 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04292008

I'm not sure dude-to-dude cards are really that viable as a marketing idea, for reasons Beef kind of articulates himself in the last panel.  Of course, Ray's mind apparently processes dude-to-dude sentiments in card-speak anyway, so I guess it's not too surprising that he'd suggest this.

Edit: After reading it again I realized he's probably using "sick as Hell" in the positive sense.  Also, I might actually buy the Chorizo ones myself.  I still don't know how likely I'd be to use them.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 10:42:36 am by iron_felix »
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Rays desire to send cards to his dudes is sufficient to sustain an entire dude to dude greeting card cottage industry.

Sick as Hell.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile

Definite echoes of Ray's apology letter...

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10052005
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Dude cards are definitely about one dude razzing another dude, in a friend-like manner.

That is as close as we can get to affection without fearing that you're about to unlock the other guy's gay vault, way in the back of his head.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

I'm sorry I played it huffy on the phone cracked me up.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret

Dude2Dude card concept:

"Hey, you live long enough together it's bound to happen."

(inside) "But I'm still sorry I saw your junk."
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile

To: Death Ray

From: JL

(outside)

Hang around this board long enough, it's bound to happen. 

(inside)

But I'm still glad I gave you this tiny can. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret

To: Death Ray

From: JL

(outside)

Hang around this board long enough, it's bound to happen. 

(inside)

But I'm still glad I gave you this tiny can. 

Awww shucks! Now I have to run out and get YOU a tiny dude2dude card!
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile

Except that I'm a lady, and there are so many Dude2Lady cards on the market that they've been rendered completely meaningless. 

Thanks for the thought, though. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1]   Go Up