Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac  (Read 2267 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MrMandible

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« on: May 01, 2008, 06:57:30 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05012008

Alternate titles: "The Territory of Crazy People Stuff" and "You Know How It Is/Was."

EDIT: And my title is automatically edited by the board.  I have arrived.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 07:00:13 pm »

Air-typin' Beef: rad.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 07:14:02 pm »

H0rse dog maniac? What does it mean?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 07:24:31 pm »

H0rse dog maniac? What does it mean?

Fuck city bangin' is what it means.

Now I wonder if Onstad has been reading Lore's hashbrown updates or if there is just more than one fan of this potato-product on Earth.

I'm also relieved that we now have confirmation that Mayor C recovered from his heart attack and is apparently mayoring again.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 07:26:50 pm »

Roast Beef's hope that he can make a living off being crazy is very very close to how depressed I was when I realized I was going to top out around 6'6"... I had very much hoped that I was going to be able to have some kind of job that was mostly just about being freakishly tall and then...

Nope. Tall enough to not fit in some cars but in no way tall enough where people will pay just to look at me, directly in as such as a circus freak or indirectly in as such as a not-very-athletic wrestler or basketball player.

I am just identifying with Beef too much lately.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 07:30:43 pm »

I love how Beef actually says "tap tap tap" as he air-types.  In my mind he is vocalizing actual keyboard tap noises, like a geekier version of the !Kung language.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 07:55:32 pm »

Make a living showin' off my sideshow-quality mind! Dang, that is exactly what I want to do!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 08:31:02 pm »

dude, 6'6 is tall as all heck. I knew you were tall, but that is TALL.
That is taller than my dad, who is tall.
That is taller than my brother, who is tall.

you are TALL. holy SHIT.

air typing is pretty embarrassing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 08:46:42 pm »

But it is not tall enough to make money off of and so it don't mean a thing, not even a chicken wing.

Because chicken wings cost money.

I'll have to work on my side-show mind some more.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 08:56:57 pm »

But it is not tall enough to make money off of and so it don't mean a thing, not even a chicken wing.

Because chicken wings cost money.

I'll have to work on my side-show mind some more.

! Not damn true.




This man has made a living out of football, due to his advantage of being very tall (6,6 or 6,7, can't remember).

And he earns £30,000/$60,000 a week! Mostly for being tall!

The MLS is pony, I'm sure you could make your way into the local team with a bit of practice, and build from there.

Give it a few years AND you could secure that dream move to Europe by joining a French/British/Italian/Spanish/welsh club!

The future's bright.

Need an agent, I'm your man, by the way.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 09:05:25 pm »

Oh man, though, I tried playing human pong for a while as a kid.

That's... a lot of running. A lot lot lot of running. I have lost some weight but I am still around 290-something pounds, my brutha. Running plus weighing that much is a gigantical no-no.

As a kid, human pong was a fine thing to play. I played goalie and I took up more than half the net... just throw myself in front of the ball, you know, and then throw my weight behind the kick and then... don't do anything again for ten minutes or so.

Human pong is a damn difficult thing for an adult. That dude is lanky and tall.

I'm built a lot more like... wrestling's Mick Foley in his prime except with 10% of the patience and 1% of the tolerance for pain.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 09:13:46 pm »

air typing is pretty embarrassing.

Not as embarrassing as, for instance, being told by your wife that you always make the same hand motion when you talk about someone's job.  Not a specific person's specific job, but rather, a generalized hand motion for the concept of "job."  A hand motion that mimics the act of picking up a bolt with your left hand, screwing a nut onto it with your right, and then placing the completed widget in an invisible bin to the right. 

Apparently, from the shade of pink Pedro turned when I informed him of this interesting tic of his, it's very embarrassing indeed. 

LFM, couldn't you do something quirky and then bill yourself as "The World's Tallest (x)?"  Like...the World's Tallest Depressed Person? 

"SEE...78 inches of paralyzing melancholy!  HEAR...the heartbreaking story of how even his immense height let him down!" 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 09:15:01 pm »

"The World's Tallest Anxiety Attacks on Record!"

You know... it's just so crazy...
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 09:44:18 pm »

Did any one else hit that 'sideshow-quality mind' phrase and immediately drop out of the strips flow to ponder any link between 'our' sideshow, roasted beef and the universe?

Thanks, Achewood!
Yep, me too.  Its not a long leap from sideshow-quality to side_show? Quality!

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: May 1, 2008 - hoss Dogg Maniac
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 11:46:47 am »

Something valuable I learned in high school (much more so than say, integral calculus, which has done me no end of harm):

Our friend -- oh what name to protect the now successful professional from google -- Nathan Badrach had an amazing gesture that he used to express everything.  It was sort of like an extreme shrug, only he'd put his palms forward and move them in little circles while making a funny face.  It was a really elaborate thing to do for normal communication.  And the funny thing was, it kind of made sense in context, enough so that nobody really called him out on it for a long time.  It was such a common and known thing that you could refer to the gesture by the kid's last name and everyone would know what you were talking about.  And then one day someone finally pointed it out to him.  And he never did it again.

Lesson:  if you like a goofy quirk of a friend or loved one, never ever point out their goofy behavior.  People are generally too self-conscious to let themselves be awesome, we need to be blind about some things.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up