Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale  (Read 5077 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 08:06:27 pm »

Exactly, I mean, there are reasons that some items of clothing and accessories are "classic." Ray-Bans have been around forever, nobody should be embarrassed to wear Ray-Bans. Now if only JFK hadn't seen fit to go without the traditional top hat at his inauguration, we (men) might all still be wearing fedoras.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 08:20:25 pm »

I have heard that that story about JFK is a lie.

I don't know about Fedoras, I have always liked the trilby
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 09:05:02 pm »

Thinking about Ray's ring tone for Beef and what it might be expressing is a nice undercurrent for the strip.

Wow, didn't make that connection. Nice!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 10:23:14 pm »

I am highly in favor of hats for men. The trilby is quite nice although my hat of choice is the beret.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 10:33:08 pm »

no, no, NO. Not those at all.

you know how the style for a while now is like, the smaller version of buddy holly-style glasses?
think those, but slightly bigger. Not Buddy Holly-sized, just a little bigger.


Ah.  So, not these:


Or these:


Or, God forbid, these:


Even Hepburn couldn't pull that look off, IMO.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 11:05:18 pm »

um, the girl in the middle picture pulls off those sunglasses pretty damn well.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 11:47:18 pm »

no way, they look rad as heck.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 11:47:50 pm »

There is not a single redeeming feature about anybody who has worn, touched or seen those big sunglasses.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 01:50:49 am »

John Lennon kind of gets a pass because he was clearly doing it with a sense of irony.

Elton John, well, it is just a fetish for him and who am I to judge?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 03:00:56 am »

um, the girl in the middle picture pulls off those sunglasses pretty damn well.

Come on man, no way. Look at those lips, there's more plastic in her than the sunnies. Besides which she looks like she's concussed and the glasses just make her look like she's got her eyes wide open and is all surpised.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 03:50:07 am »

Dang, those big ol glasses are hott.  I even saw a dude wearing a pair the other day and I thought it was hott.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2008, 04:01:29 am »

Doc, are you not into ladies? Cause that chick is a pretty fine specimen. Maybe you hang with chicks that have ultra thin lips, but hers are pretty natural and I see no evidence of concussion. I think those sunglasses are a pretty OK fashion trend.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 04:17:55 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2008, 05:49:39 am »

Doc, are you not into ladies? Cause that chick is a pretty fine specimen. Maybe you hang with chicks that have ultra thin lips, but hers are pretty natural and I see no evidence of concussion. I think those sunglasses are a pretty OK fashion trend.

If you put a stethoscope to that girl's head you would hear a faint buzzing sound as of a fly trapped in a jar.
I prefer my women not to wear an expression of continual suprise at the world's existence.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: May 2, 2008 - What's cookin' and what's for sale
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2008, 06:28:34 am »

What is a sex team and how does it work? I'd like to start one. You know, just for fun.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up