Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage  (Read 6029 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« on: May 09, 2008, 05:50:53 pm »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:39:50 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 07:04:45 pm »

It better have a MEEP MEEP option.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 11:42:10 pm »

That or angry hordes of hormonal women.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 12:13:43 am »

That or angry hordes of hormonal women.

[BANG] [eep!]
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 05:27:17 am »

if you would ship me a pelt i would make us some gloves

make sure not to use the zoom when you fax me your hand drawing
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 09:32:57 pm »

I am creeped out by the idea of gloves made out of coyote. I think it's because, aren't you supposed to make leather out of, like, prey animals?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 10:22:18 pm »

I'm really glad there are other people out there to do my animal killing for me. I'm by no means a bleeding heart, and the only thing I have in common with PETA is that we were both based in Hampton Roads for a time, but I don't think I could take the life of anything cuter than a spider. I'll eat 'em, I'll wear 'em, I'll be glad they haven't emerged from the woods to camp out on my lawn, but I'd sit there, trigger finger trembling and a tear in my eye, and not be able to do it.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 10:59:14 pm »

Ash, I thought that only certain types of hide are good for leaving the hair on if you plan to use them. Something about the the types of hide and hair involved. Like how you can use bear, buffalo, and sheep hides for blankets but not so much deer or dog. My mom (who has experience in such matters) says something about the hair being hollow and having a tendency to fall out.

When I was about 10 or 11 we put together a tanning rack and tried to do a deer hide all tribal style, where you cure it with brains and such. I think we ended up throwing it away because we didn't do it right, and it got kind of gross. But my mom and a friend of hers did do a few sheep hides successfully, and this kept us out of the bathtub for a few days. Which was pretty cool to a prepubescent boy.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 11:08:25 pm »

I spent a few hours last summer chasing a cucaracha around my room because I couldn't handle squashing it.

mostly due to the crunchy noise those things make.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 04:13:58 am »

okay so my last post in this thread? yeah that was a really obscure joke based on an episode of wings, that mediocre sitcom from too long ago.

like, i know zero about making gloves, but of course i'll try if you send me said pelts. and based on this thread i'm thinking fur-lined mittens.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 04:55:52 am »

Hey, 'Haus: I understand. The Boy likes to shoot and will go with me every time it's an empty club day. Thats when we set up lollipop sticks and golf balls and softballs and all sorts of fun things to shoot. Hunting, well, he tried it. He doesn't like the early risings and the hard hiking work for shooting and eating something. It ain't his thing and there's no fault in that.

Your boy and I, well, we'd get along, I think. One time when I went hunting with my dad I sat down on a tree stump and fell asleep. I'm not sure what type of hunter you are, but my dad is really into it. Not the reloading/ballistics aspect so much like you, but definitely in a "get out there and make up for buying meat from the store the rest of the year" kind of way. I don't think he'll ever use a stand unless he can't walk, but then he wouldn't be able to get into the tree anyway, so it's a moot point.

But now that I haven't hunted in a couple-three years, I'm definitely getting a hankering to hike some hills and glass some animals. I really have no excuse either, I live in Recreation Paradise and tags are cheap. Chalk it up to laziness, it's the story of my life. Step 1: Buy a shooting iron. There are so many options out there, but I think a safe bet would be a 30-06. So I can go after deer and elk.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 05:01:34 am »

As much as I've enojyed shooting, Ive never gone hunting, but Im sure Id love it. My only question is a basic one. Say you get your weapon and your tag. Where do you get to kill things? Is there like a list of designated places or what? Its not like I can just walk into the nearest wooded area and pick off a deer, right? Because someone owns that area.

Edit: I found the information on my state Dept. Of Environmental Protection website. I had no idea I supported this particular department and their efforts to facilitate my killing of deers, turkeys, and "the best waterfowl hunting in the country"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 05:10:20 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 03:51:04 pm »

I meant support as in, I am in favor of what they do.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 04:19:15 pm »

In Virginia you have the constitutional right to hunt and giraffe!  Don't you forget it!

I've never been a hunter, and never particularly wanted to be.  I like venison though, so I'm glad my father-in-law goes out and gets a couple deer every year.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 06:29:31 pm »

I started out by buying topographical maps of my local mountains, visiting the Dept. of giraffe & Game website for season and zone info and then calling up or dropping in at the area ranger stations for local knowledge and detailed hunt/no hunt maps. Then I spent (and still spend) days hiking in to spots in the dark and sitting quietly with binoculars and spotting scope watching animals do their thing and looking for travel areas, bedding areas and patterns.

Y'know, so I can shoot one and eat it when it's legal for me to do so.

So I never really got the appeal of hunting but that sounds like a pretty decently rad hobby before the shoot-and-eat part. I'm still not too into the shooting part but sitting quietly looking at animals with binoculars sounds pretty good.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up