Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches  (Read 2640 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
« on: May 10, 2008, 12:50:42 am »

Exit stage left, pursued by gold-diggers.

The depressed cartoon cat knows he cannot handle being rich.  The other cartoon cat understands.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 12:54:59 am »

Taped Airwolf headphones for the win.
Logged

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 01:00:50 am »

Taped Airwolf headphones for the win.

I am unsure whether to admire Onstad for respecting continuity, or scorn him for re-using old art. I do love the line "We'll talk in Airwolf," though. Some day, I hope that one of my friends says that to me.

Logged

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 01:03:42 am »

Also "(A) Chivas", YES!  If ever there were a drink of crap dudes who want to appear classy, it is Chivas.  To understand how swank Chivas is, know this: strippers frequently store their sweaty wads of ones and fives in those faux-velvet Chivas bags backstage.  KLASSY!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 01:07:28 am »

Huh. I store my sweaty wads of ones and fives in strippers.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 01:09:42 am »

Oh, I'm just disappointed I was wrong about Showbiz.
There was a few great strips in the concept of the moocher cat blackmailing his newly-wealthy brother.

I do like Beef's insurance though, sounds like a good plan.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

This is a thing of beauty. That is all.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 01:27:47 am »

Pretty good way of handling the whole "Beef faling into money in spite of himself" thing. Reminds me of an old quote from Onstand, maybe from an interview?, where he talked about killing his characters. Something like "Pull their arms off and re-attach them backstage." Achewood is an elastic place; the more things change the more they stay the same.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 03:30:32 am »

I applauded as soon as I read the word "Airwolf".
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 04:27:46 am »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure now that I have a job where I am medically covered by my own efforts, there is a fairly reasonable co-pay on my own coffin.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 02:24:43 pm »

Huh. I store my sweaty wads of ones and fives in strippers.

I read this without looking at who posted it, and thought for a second that Jough was back. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 02:50:04 am »

Dear God,

If you ever give me a chance to tell someone "We'll talk in Airwolf," I will take back all those unspeakably horrible things I have said about you.

Sincerely,
Someone on the Internet.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 09:27:09 pm »

Deus ex Airwolf, not bad as far as most deus exes go.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 10:24:30 pm »

oh man, I have one Deus Ex, and she's still a major pain whenever I run into her. she still won't accept that my excuse for breaking up was completely legit.

(I feel like there is a seed of funny here where a Deus Ex is an ex where a perfect excuse came up to break up with them when otherwise it would have been awkward? I cannot get this across properly. Lately I have the ideas for jokes but not the execution, which is unfortunate.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2008 - Moisture-style touches
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 07:20:17 pm »

Yea this really fealt like some kind of forced sitcom ending where no matter what happens to the characters, they end up exactly where they started at the end of show - that way reruns arent confusing and the writers dont have to worry about sticking to a storyline.
Believable: Roast Beef falls in to a great profitable venture and has trouble dealing with money at first
Not Believable: Ray shows up in Airwolf and convinces him to give away all his money.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up