Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: May 22, 2008 The Conduit Exacts A Fee, Much Like An Ohm In A Wire  (Read 1762 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile

linkages

Alternate thread titles:
  • I Had No Choice But To Publish Something. Anything.
  • Born Hot and Licked Clean By His Momma

I love that Ray "has a URL". Totally nonspecific as to whether it is a website, or a blog, or a social networking profile, signifying that he not only can't remember his URL, he can't remember the kind of resource it locates. Uniformly.


(Fixed link - w)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:36:25 pm by wombat »
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2008 The Conduit Exacts A Fee, Much Like An Ohm In A Wire
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 11:11:34 am »

It's been a good arc...

I'm liking that Ray is best represtented not by a book, but by a mere pamphlet.

Is it just me, or does Ray seem much of melacholy in the third panel?
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2008 The Conduit Exacts A Fee, Much Like An Ohm In A Wire
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 01:03:41 pm »

It's been a good arc...

I'm liking that Ray is best represtented not by a book, but by a mere pamphlet.

Is it just me, or does Ray seem much of melacholy in the third panel?

I think he's coming down off of the 'shine.

Man, Philippe got a longer baseball card than Ray's book/pamphlet. I'd say it would be pretty sad to have less to going on in your life than a 5 year old, but I'd having trouble filling up 5 pages about me.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 22, 2008 The Conduit Exacts A Fee, Much Like An Ohm In A Wire
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 03:01:58 pm »

Quote
Man, Philippe got a longer baseball card than Ray's book/pamphlet. I'd say it would be pretty sad to have less to going on in your life than a 5 year old, but I'd having trouble filling up 5 pages about me.

I could totally fill pages and pages with my life, but so much of it would be random anecdotes. Or rather, the list of anecdotes which I repeat a lot.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 22, 2008 The Conduit Exacts A Fee, Much Like An Ohm In A Wire
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 05:00:14 pm »

The pamphlet reminded me of the time Ray got REALLY good with computers for a little while and promptly forgot it all so that he could be happy/get girls. This strip was decent but reminding me of that amused me even more.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2008 The Conduit Exacts A Fee, Much Like An Ohm In A Wire
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 05:04:39 pm »

I find NP's illustration of Ray interesting.  Much tougher and more jowly that the real Ray.  Thankfully, we were only treated to a bust, as I shudder to think what Pete would have done with Ray's banana-hammock.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2008 The Conduit Exacts A Fee, Much Like An Ohm In A Wire
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 03:48:42 am »

Quote
as I shudder to think what Pete would have done with Ray's banana-hammock.

Quote
Pete would have done with Ray's banana-hammock.

Quote
done with Ray's banana-hammock.

Quote
Ray's banana-hammock.

Quote
Ray's banana-hammock.

Quote
Ray's banana-hammock.

Quote
banana-hammock.

AAAAAARGH!
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2008 The Conduit Exacts A Fee, Much Like An Ohm In A Wire
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 04:01:25 pm »

Quote
banana-hammock.

Doot doo dee doo doo.

Quote
banana-hammock.

Doot doo dee do.

Quote
banana-hammock.

Doot doo dee do do, de do do, de doo, dee doot do do do do
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2008 The Conduit Exacts A Fee, Much Like An Ohm In A Wire
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 06:52:48 pm »

Will giveth cans for Muppets references.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2008 The Conduit Exacts A Fee, Much Like An Ohm In A Wire
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 10:18:00 pm »

...and my understanding is that was originally music from a porno so it kind of fits (and snopes isn't contradicting me yet so I'm going to run with it).
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: May 22, 2008 The Conduit Exacts A Fee, Much Like An Ohm In A Wire
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 04:55:56 am »

Well dang, looks like the Italian softcore pornography industry has found even more ways to make me feel awkward about the Muppets.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up