Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008  (Read 4188 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05272008

Would I have expected such sentences of Lyle? I don't know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile

D'oh.  Beat me by 40 seconds.  Great minds (with very little to do at work) think alike.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

I need a Misfits tank top.  I could also use a handle of bourbon.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

Every interaction ive had with private show strippers has reminded me of what im escaping.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com

Awesome strip. After some lackluster chuckles in recent days, this one brings it. Onstad must've gotten laid twice this weekend, with his wife letting him do that thing she hates the second time.

Also: At this point, I think everyone Ray knows is either a) a character in Achewood, or b) someone with extraneous extra letters in their name. I'm thinking about changing my name to Golfhauss in the hopes I get a chance to meet him.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

The fact that Ray is actively seeking local strippers makes me wonder what his other option was. Do people normally fly strippers in from Japan or something?
Logged

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile

Do people normally fly strippers in from Japan or something?

If you had Smuckles-level amounts of cash, wouldn't you?  Hell, if I were that rich I'd fly in strippers from VENUS just to serve me breakfast in bed.

Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com

I saw this thread before reading the strip in question.  I was sort of hoping "Marley" was as in John Grogan's "Marley & Me," but no such luck.  If ever a book and author deserved to be debased in an Achewood strip, that's it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile

I saw this thread before reading the strip in question.  I was sort of hoping "Marley" was as in John Grogan's "Marley & Me," but no such luck.  If ever a book and author deserved to be debased in an Achewood strip, that's it.

I had no idea what "Marley & Me" was, so off I went to Wikipedia, and now I know that it's going to be a movie with Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston.

Thanks a lot, Wikipedia.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile

Strippers make me depressed to be a sexual being.  The distance afforded by porn is a valuable thing indeed.

I like that Beef's bachelor party is going to depress the living hell out of him.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 06:52:16 am »

Lyle is INCREDIBLY knowledgable on the things he knows.

Its just that the things he knows is a short list is all.

(I am also on record as being depressed by strippers.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 12:36:50 pm »

I had no idea what "Marley & Me" was, so off I went to Wikipedia, and now I know that it's going to be a movie with Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston.

This is possibly officially the end of what remained of American culture.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 02:05:15 pm »

I see Onstad's channeling Jeph Jaques again.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

quobobo

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 07:44:52 pm »

I see Onstad's channeling Jeph Jaques again.

 >:( >:( >:( !

NOT FUNNY.
Logged

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Just put a towel over my ass and call me Marley, toots - May 27 2008
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 08:02:21 pm »

Indeed.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up