Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind  (Read 2174 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind
« on: June 03, 2008, 10:42:58 pm »

...just 79 and he don't mind dyin'.

As of yesterday.  I noticed nobody else had posted anything yet.  I seem to recall Asherdan saying at some point that he was an asshole in person?  But no matter.  Definitely one of the main mattering men of rock and roll music.  Apparently he was performing right up 'til the end - wish I'd known that before and had a chance to see him live.







Kind of a downer post for me to come in on after being away from the forums for a while, really, but I'll find something jollier to share with you party people later tonight.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 01:31:59 pm »

Oh, man. 

When I first saw this thread title I thought George Thorogood was dead, and when I saw it was Bo Diddley I was sort of relieved. 

I mean, Bo was a great musician and a great man, and everything, but I saw Thorogood in concert about ten years ago and he was still jumpin' around and bein' crazy, soundin' good and all.  Woulda been a shame to lose him, he's still young. 

Bo...well, he had a good long life and I'm sad to see him go, but I wish him Happy Trails, you know? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 04:14:17 pm »

Jamie, please tell me you aren't being serious.

There is a video out there that I saw on television about 20 years ago of Bo Diddley circa 1972-3 I would guess playing at a Hells Angels bike rally out in the desert somewhere in California.  The man was a bad ass is all I can say.

Edit:  This is possibly the video I saw.

Edit 2:  My friend did this painting of Bo Diddley that I think is awesome.

Also, here is a great video of Bo doing his thang.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 04:19:36 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 10:20:08 pm »

Goddamnit!  New Firefox isn't playing youtube??!!  How will I maintain my cultural literacy?

Perhaps this is Adobe's fault.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 10:34:22 pm »

Goddamnit!  New Firefox isn't playing youtube??!!  How will I maintain my cultural literacy?

Perhaps this is Adobe's fault.
Working fine here.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 10:49:40 pm »

I'm holding off for make-or-break extensions like TabMixPlus. But I DL'd it to help with the record.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Tombstone Hand and a Graveyard Mind
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 07:46:48 am »

CJ, there's a dev build of TMP that works in ff3 available on the TMP forums. The only reason it isn't finalized is that they're waiting to finish a few more localization files.
I also grabbed the dev build of Linkification for ff3, for unlinked URLs frustrate me so.



...but this is probably a topic for a different thread >_>
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1]   Go Up