Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 June 2008 - Wedding vows are like the cyanide pill astronauts pack  (Read 3292 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06042008

Maybe beef should consider a pre-nup... a "love contract".

I want to add something to my wedding vows about how my partner will understand and respect the laws of economics and the wealth creation mechanism.
If not in the vows, then definitely in the prayer... the part where the reader/priest reads a bunch of one line prayers and everyone responds in unison like "So we Pray" or something.
"We pray that all the people of the earth will understand and embrace the benefits of free market economics and the wealth creation mechanism"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 09:30:13 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: 4 June 2008 - Wedding vows are like the cyanide pill astronauts pack
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 09:30:59 pm »

Almost exactly one year later, beef returns to Cornelius' den of sorrow and solace. 

Tomorrow: Lyle pukes so hard he moves a soccer ball four and a half feet.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 4 June 2008 - Wedding vows are like the cyanide pill astronauts pack
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 09:33:39 pm »

Hm.  I should probably have put something in our wedding vows about him being OK with my obsessive nature as relates to various hobbies and pastimes. 

"In knitting and in crocheting; in video games and in imaginary internet friends." 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 4 June 2008 - Wedding vows are like the cyanide pill astronauts pack
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 10:04:29 pm »

"We pray that all the people of the earth will understand and embrace the benefits of free market economics and the wealth creation mechanism"

Lord, hear our prayer.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Popegeorgeringo

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
Re: 4 June 2008 - Wedding vows are like the cyanide pill astronauts pack
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 12:05:34 am »

"you never see one Astronaut spoon feedin' dollar chilli to a worse lookin' astronaut"

Is that not the most insanely relevant comment ever?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 4 June 2008 - Wedding vows are like the cyanide pill astronauts pack
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 12:37:21 am »

Well astronauts have to take bites out of freeze-dried chili bars.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 4 June 2008 - Wedding vows are like the cyanide pill astronauts pack
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 12:47:04 am »

or whatever rachael ray makes them.
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/space/2006-12-01-ray-shuttle-food_x.htm
Also, is it me, or is every mission to space a mission to fix something in space? What else is actually getting done up there?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 01:00:41 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 4 June 2008 - Wedding vows are like the cyanide pill astronauts pack
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 12:57:46 am »

or whatever rachael ray makes them.
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/police-shut-down-assassination-art-exhibition/
Also, is it me, or is every mission to space a mission to fix something in space? What else is actually getting done up there?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you posted the wrong link
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 4 June 2008 - Wedding vows are like the cyanide pill astronauts pack
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 01:34:58 am »

I mean, that's the real mindfuck to the entire idea of parenting and marriage, isn't it?

The implicit admission in all of it that you are going to die and you're setting up provisions for that unavoidable situation. Your genes go on, there are legal documents to protect your loved one after you are in the Earth and so forth.

Like maybe if you never go through a Confirmation or a Bar Mitzvah or whatever, you never have to really be an adult.

Like maybe if you never pass along your programming or never make large promises affirming your mortality, you'll never be beholden to those debts... the forces of entropy might yet pass over your village and leave you be, to live hearty and young forever.

I can't say I haven't considered the idea. I can't say it hasn't given me pause.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 4 June 2008 - Wedding vows are like the cyanide pill astronauts pack
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 11:55:54 am »

"you never see one Astronaut spoon feedin' dollar chilli to a worse lookin' astronaut"

At WENDY'S.

That was so depressing that I would have gone right back to bed, but we don't have electricity at home so I didn't read it till I got to work. I guess there's a bright side to everything.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 4 June 2008 - Wedding vows are like the cyanide pill astronauts pack
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 07:16:28 pm »

Also, is it me, or is every mission to space a mission to fix something in space? What else is actually getting done up there?
Hopefully, someone's been getting their bone on.  That is, after all, the true driving force behind all technological progress.  Finding cool places to bone.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 4 June 2008 - Wedding vows are like the cyanide pill astronauts pack
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 07:33:49 pm »

Hopefully, someone's been getting their bone on.  That is, after all, the true driving force behind all technological progress.  Finding cool places to bone.

We already have what claims to be the world's first zero-g money shot thanks to the Vomit Comet. The world needs a zero-g 69.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 4 June 2008 - Wedding vows are like the cyanide pill astronauts pack
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 04:16:26 am »

Is this that "market fundamentalism" I hear so much about?  It's a funny thought though.  Idealist politics absolutely are religion.  I like picking arguments with fellow lefties on that point.

Re: astronauts and getting old in marriage.  Anyone remember that SNL (I think...) bit "Neil Armstrong, the later years?"
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 4 June 2008 - Wedding vows are like the cyanide pill astronauts pack
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 04:27:20 am »

Hopefully, someone's been getting their bone on.  That is, after all, the true driving force behind all technological progress.  Finding cool places to bone.

Supposedly that's what gave VHS the edge of Betamax back in the day not to mention spurring forward video streaming web technologies.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up