Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe  (Read 2679 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« on: June 13, 2008, 09:36:52 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06132008

Seem's like Molly's folk done come to town. On Friday the 13th no less...
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 12:40:59 pm »

In panel 4 I believe they were eating welsh rarebit. One of the many foods I only know of thanks to Alton Brown. See also, popovers and coconut cake.

I hope that either Ramses or Gwladus gets a gift receipt. I doubt Molly needs two 8-cup KitchenAids, regardless of their dough-hook possession status.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 01:46:01 pm »

"Irish people yelling in arabic" - yea that about sums it up.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

crotch_lobster

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 02:35:07 pm »

RUSTLE

I heard the newspaper rustle this morning, and it gave me quite a tingle!

Where have we seen Molly's folk before? Ramses and Showbiz I know I've seen for sure... but I can't seem to picture Molly's family.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 02:40:09 pm »

Quote from: Onstad
Ramses has been there twiceabout the dough hook.

I called it!

Also, "Twenty Irish people yelling in Arabic" is now my favorite thing that I am not allowed to say. If only I was Irish... My girlfriend is English, does that count?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 03:34:33 pm »

Basically, this strip has raised my expectations for the wedding way way way too high.

The best man's dad... an aging wandering asskicker sort of like The Highlander except he's too manly to be associated with any kind of "puss-out" like magic... and the father of the bride... an ancient Welsh ghost... sharing in the harassment of the lady at Crate and Barrel over bread-maker dough hooks.

Not to mention the Irish-Arabic thing.

A dude is pump-primed for Awesome now.

I fear "Episode 1" levels of disappointment and yet I live in hope.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 12:02:28 am »

I can accept the concept of talking, bipedal cats in a strange parallel existence to ours. I can also accept the fact that one of these cats is an ass-kicking ne'er-do-well and another is a Welsh ghost from beyond the grave that can take short visits to corporeal form for the purpose of a wedding. I can not accept why any registry would have two of the same kitchen device. That is wasteful and stupid.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 12:21:14 am »

I can accept the concept of talking, bipedal cats in a strange parallel existence to ours. I can also accept the fact that one of these cats is an ass-kicking ne'er-do-well and another is a Welsh ghost from beyond the grave that can take short visits to corporeal form for the purpose of a wedding. I can not accept why any registry would have two of the same kitchen device. That is wasteful and stupid.


Ramses Luther Smuckles does not have time to mess about with registries. He is man that gets things done.
Logged

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
Re: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 12:51:20 am »

I can not accept why any registry would have two of the same kitchen device. That is wasteful and stupid.

Perhaps Ramses didn't buy it the first time around.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 02:17:50 am »

Perhaps Ramses didn't buy it the first time around.

He is not forking over a single god-damned hard-earned dollar until he gets the dough hook, and people need to understand that. So it's still on the registry.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 03:24:56 am »

In panel 4 I believe they were eating welsh rarebit. One of the many foods I only know of thanks to Alton Brown. See also, popovers and coconut cake.


Coconut cake is obscure?  Wow.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 11:45:33 am »

Popovers are obscure?

Dang, what is happening to this country?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 06:19:30 am »

They say rarebit will give one just fiendish dreams.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 02:21:25 pm »

Popovers are obscure?

Dang, what is happening to this country?

I'd never even heard the word popover until this week's Good Eats. I'd also seen cake with coconut on it, like german chocolate and whatnot, but I'd never heard of coconut cake until he did that episode.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 13th June 2008 - This Bitter Globe
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 06:09:04 pm »

They say rarebit will give one just fiendish dreams.

Do they also mention it getting you can'd for top-notch cultural references? Because apparently it does that too.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up