Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tim Russert - Dead  (Read 2638 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Tim Russert - Dead
« on: June 13, 2008, 07:47:10 pm »

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06132008/news/nationalnews/tim_russert_dies_from_apparent_heart_att_115384.htm

Wow. I actually loved watching this guy. He just straight up collapsed while doing a voice over. By God.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Russert - Dead
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 03:23:32 am »

Sucks cause he was one of the good ones and because he was relatively young.  But if you've gotta go, quick is the way to do it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Tim Russert - Dead
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 01:22:36 pm »

I don't know much about him, as my wife refuses to let me watch NBC News. She grew up on ABC News, and that's what we watch. At least she doesn't insist on watching Fox News.

If it's true that he was a good one, then it's unfortunate, because there aren't very many of them in television news left.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Russert - Dead
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 01:56:29 pm »

I never watch TV news, but I remember he once appeared as himself on an episode of Homicide - he was supposed to be a cousin of one of the regular characters. I thought that was kind of cool of him.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tim Russert - Dead
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 03:16:26 am »

I mean, when you think about it, "Meet The Press" is probably the only show on television where Belzer HASN'T played Detective Munch. (Or however you spell it.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Russert - Dead
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 03:28:38 am »

Big Russert is very much alive, and little russert had (has? someone inform me about this) written multiple books about how much he loves his father.... whoops...
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=168126
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 05:04:32 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Russert - Dead
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 05:02:52 am »

Quote from: That Article link=topic=4477.msg120475#msg120475
Sources said the network allowed itself to be scooped by other media outlets as it tried to contact Russert's wife Maureen and son Luke, who just graduated from Boston College.

How dare they let personal feelings get in the way of getting a story on the air?  Shame on you, NBC.

Excuse me, I have to go be violent at something.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up