Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops  (Read 4783 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 11:20:32 pm »

I don't watch movies very much, because I start to get mentally invested in the characters. I don't want to watch them go through the problems in their lives that make up the plot of the movie. I think this is why I like the Austin Powers movies. When it's bad for Austin, it's not so bad at all.

Reading this strip gave me that twinge, the "oh lord, I know it's going to be okay for Beef, but I don't want to see it unfold" feeling.

On the other hand, I can't take a man seriously who refers to taking a shit as "do[ing] some plop plops." Especially when talking to one of his boys. Give the chocolate turtle some fuck*ng respect, Showbiz.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 11:42:35 pm »

Saying something positive about her is ashes and turpentine in my mouth.

It's ok man, we can hate Molly and Showbiz.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 01:52:08 am »

I've never understood the anti-Molly sentiment around here.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 02:07:54 am »

Well, you see, a lot of Achewood fans identify closely with Roast Beef, and resent the fact that he has found love while they are still stuck in their computer chairs like beached whales, pasty and bejowled, subsisting on a diet of low-joule soda and Doritos, destined to be desperately, pathetically alone for the rest of their lives.


Or maybe they just don't like the way her character is written.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 03:05:25 am »

Well yeah mainly the former.

Also she's a bitch.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 03:28:28 am »

I've never understood the anti-Molly sentiment around here.
Yeah, me neither. I'd figure that it involved resentment for neuro-typicals or women, but most of that camp doesn't seem like the type.

I didn't realize that Showbiz (maybe) has his left leg raised. That somehow makes the scene extra raunchy.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 04:11:01 am »

I dunno, I just see a lot of Beef and Molly in my relationship with my girlfriend...

She's loopy, she's into weird boring things and into basically stuff too much in general but she really loves him and helps serve as a buffer between him and a reality he can't really take all that well.

Like there's a series of trade-offs, you know, when you're as broken as Beef is.

I think that's the thing... a lot of guys who are really like Beef don't want to admit that being Beef-like is being fundamentally broken and so... they don't like that for someone like Molly to come in and love him is to fundamentally shave away some of his Beefness.

But... y'know... if Roast Beef was allowed to be completely himself, he would be looooong dead.

Sometimes when you're really broken, compromising is how you fix yourself enough to get by and it ain't actually a bad thing at all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ruddy Ruddy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 06:33:33 am »

Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 06:43:16 am »

Points to Ruddy for bringing the foreshadowing.
And : "Also apparently fifty hundred scared baby birds were born somewhere close by"
Is an A+ line.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 08:37:18 am »

Notice how he still thinks he's going to be the best man? 

Not only is his plan reliant on being the best man, it's reliant on Beef continuing to give him money after he pulls this shit. He's gotten so fixated on "if Beef marries her, I won't get money anymore" that he hasn't considered any other possible reasons for him not to get money anymore.
Logged

fnord

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 08:48:41 am »

[...] stuck in their computer chairs like beached whales, pasty and bejowled, subsisting on a diet of low-joule soda and Doritos [...]

Are we sure yet if bejowled is a real word, like, say, aeolist.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 01:04:44 pm »

Should we post a poll?

Do you like Molly?
Yes
No
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 01:46:26 pm »


And : "Also apparently fifty hundred scared baby birds were born somewhere close by"
Is an A+ line.

This happens every morning in my backyard at this time of year. I'm living a Roast Beef nightmare.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: June 19 2008 - I gotta do some plop plops
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2008, 04:51:24 am »

I think implicit in pubescent male (or arrested development male) imaginations is the idea that women can't possibly take a shower without getting busy with themselves.  This is probably fueled by the fact that most pubescent males can't take a shower without polishing the bayonet.  Maybe twice.  Morning and evening.  Showbiz probably had that finger comment spin through his head while soaping up and couldn't resist.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up