Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Itineraries from hell  (Read 3316 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Itineraries from hell
« on: June 19, 2008, 06:42:39 pm »

Suppose one was planning a trip to Las Vegas, and one had two options for the return flight.  (This is being done with frequent flyer miles, so my options are limited.)

Option #1 leaves Vegas at 6:30 AM.  Pros:  Gets me back to DC at a reasonable hour.  Cons:  Leaving Vegas at 6:30 AM, are you freakin' kidding me?  That means leaving the hotel at 4, 4:30.  Shit, I might as well stay up all night.

Option #2 leaves Vegas at 1:20 PM, which is much more doable on that end.  Cons:  Has a 38-minute connection window in Salt Lake City.  If I miss that for whatever reason, I could be stuck in Utah as much as overnight.  Even if everything is on time, I'm not back home until close to midnight local time.

What would YOU do?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Itineraries from hell
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 07:57:31 pm »

I'd say option 1. Because why are you in Vegas if you aren't staying up all night anyway?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Itineraries from hell
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:24:33 pm »

Yes.

My reaction was more:

Wait, you're going to Vegas and you're complaining about staying up all night?  Is there another Los Vegas I don't know about?

Also: Nabu.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Itineraries from hell
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 09:10:44 pm »

I could be stuck in Utah as much as overnight. 

Now that seems like a deal-breaker to me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Itineraries from hell
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 09:12:37 pm »

Option 1. Sleep on the plane. Less hassle all around.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Itineraries from hell
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 12:14:54 am »

The airline I work for says that 25 minutes is all you need in Phoenix. If people can realistically move across 4 concourses at Sky Harbor, three at SLC in near 40 should be cake.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Itineraries from hell
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 04:15:38 am »

SLC is an easy airport to navigate.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Itineraries from hell
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 01:18:08 pm »

Sleep in late and have a final breakfast and a quick turn through the gaming tables, man. Travel happy.

See, I'm liking this idea.  Get up and have one more steak 'n' eggs gruffle before hopping in the cab.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Itineraries from hell
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 04:23:15 pm »

My Theory On Air Travel: Start happy because when it's over you're going to be cramped, tired and cranky regardless.

True dat.  I appreciate the suggestions to take the early flight, stay up all night and sleep on the plane, but I suck at sleeping on planes.  I'm pretty sure I'd just be awake and miserable the whole time.

So, booking this mofo today.  First time I'll have been to Vegas without kids in tow in six years, gonna be a hoot.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Itineraries from hell
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 09:06:09 am »

So, booking this mofo today.  First time I'll have been to Vegas without kids in tow in six years, gonna be hot.

Fixed that for you.  Vegas in the summer is not a happy Vegas.  Not having the kids will probably be neat, though!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Itineraries from hell
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 06:17:18 am »

Oh yeah!  Protip: Learn when the damn fantasy water show is at Treasure Island so you can not have to walk past it.  Seriously.  Horrible.

Wow, I'm full of hate in this thread.  Chalk it up to jealousy, 'cause the company is sending everyone but four people to an event in Vegas and I get to be one of those not-going-to-vegas people.  I like Vegas, really.

I just want to not deal with crowds of shirtless college kids carrying their Bud Lite yards around.

Maybe I need to get some sleep or something, the mean is just running clear today.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Itineraries from hell
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 03:04:26 pm »

Fixed that for you.  Vegas in the summer is not a happy Vegas. 

It's not until September, so it'll be hot but it won't be motherfuckin' hot.
In any event, I always make sure to pick a hotel with a good pool.  It's either Rio or the Venetian this time, I think.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Itineraries from hell
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 10:11:07 pm »

I went to Vegas in the heart of summer, it is ok.  Well, it doesn't suck because of the heat anyway.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up