Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar  (Read 5445 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 04:22:31 pm »


And Wombat: do you really want it over? This is the best arc in ages and I'm enjoying it playing out in all the little offshoots. When it's over, it's back to...

I don't want it to be over. I just wish I could be sure it was going to be a happy ending, when it is.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 04:32:39 pm »

Speaking of Bibles, I just got a King James from this evangelical lady in the office /o/

Now I can use my literary guide to the Bible! /o/
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 04:38:11 pm »

I think it's so sad - Beef's mom made the effort to come to her son's wedding, and gets popped before she can even see him. And she's a meth addict. Yeeesh.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 06:44:15 pm »

What are the odds that Beef also engineered his mom's pinching? Also, what are the odds that Corliss will prove too tough for the women's prison and get transferred to the men's prison where she will meet up with Showbiz?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 06:49:10 pm »

The Corliss I know is famous Marxist from New Jersey who sued the CIA. And he was male.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 07:26:03 pm »

It could be Beef's father.  Death is not the end.  Especially in Achewood.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 08:11:41 pm »

It could be Beef's father.  Death is not the end.  Especially in Achewood.

Also in that strip when Beef's father gets shot.

dejavroom is correct.

I guess Corliss is one of those names that can be used by either sex. Like Ashley or Leslie or Daryl.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 11:55:53 pm »

When bored at B&N I'll usually go to the History section and move the lefty stuff from the floor-shelf to eye level with the best sellers.

Anyway though, having worked at a shitty chain bookstore, I can say that reshelving pranks are a-ok.  The clerks would way rather fix that sort of thing (the manager has no idea how badly the shelving is messed up, it's a great task for when you show up to work high) than have some one come up with some real work for them.

And speaking of hating the living fire out of Barnes & Noble (who, I'll add, have an active corporate strategy for directly competing with libraries) they have very lax security.  Half their patrons have bookbags and there are points of sale all through the store.  Just sayin'.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 12:36:43 am »

I too worked at BN. I did most of my time in the CD area, which meant dealing with my share of jerk offs who wanted to file the music according to what genre they thought the artist or album belonged in.
And yea security at BN is a joke. It basically amounts to the randomly inserted magnetic tags which usually falls out when you open the book.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 01:53:29 am »

Yeah, I actually discussed this with friends who've done the Big Chain Bookstore thing and they've all agreed... if anything, it gives them a little thrill to see it when they're working such ridiculously boring gigs.

Ain't thinking I'm gonna change the world, just trying to have some impish fun while my girlfriend looks at the same shelf of crafting books over and over again for four straight hours.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 05:00:14 pm »

Ain't thinking I'm gonna change the world, just trying to have some impish fun while my girlfriend looks at the same shelf of crafting books over and over again for four straight hours.

Knitter? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 05:27:34 pm »

Knitting is the ONLY craft she does not know how to do.

Stained glass, dry wall, crochet, sewing, beading... everything except knitting.

She is such as the MacGuyver of crafts but, to mix metaphors, knitting is her kryptonite.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jun 20 2008 - Total Sammy Hagar
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2008, 02:27:09 pm »

Fuck that noise. You all should have your damn fingers broke.

Lighten up, Francis.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up