Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!  (Read 5104 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06252008
YES!!! The meltdown!

So basically we can blame this catastrophe on global warming.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 12:37:09 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 12:36:21 am »

Noooo!!! The meltdown!

Aww, man, you modified your post and ruined my "joke."  Dang it.  Despite the unusually harsh last panel, I liked this strip.  A special monkey-style shout-out goes to the ever-frowning Aunt Nina.  That is EXACTLY how she should look, yes!

Also, the next strip is obviously when Teodor swoops in for the kill, makes a move on Molly, and compounds this disaster.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 12:40:44 am by Cap'n Squeakers »
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 01:10:05 am »

Yes.  AKKOLADE.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 01:19:10 am »

It's all going to be fine in the end... it's all going to be fine in the end...

Shouting Roast Beef's font is still (I think) smaller than the normal font.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 01:20:56 am »

Nooooooooooooooooo! 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! 

Nononononononononono! 

*weeps*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 01:34:27 am »

nooooooo
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 01:40:14 am »

Uncle George is a fun guy. I'd want him at my wedding/graduation/&c.

Yayyys?
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 02:00:09 am »

Uncle George saying "Yayyys?" reminds me of the little corn salesman.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 02:19:22 am »

Even money Phillipe saves it all by doing/saying something cute.

Next-most-likely, Ray saves it all in an unlikely manner that involves Airwolf.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 02:35:16 am »

Lonis F Edison + Nightlife Mingus FTW
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 02:39:04 am »

God I love uncle George.

Thoughts while reading this strip: 'Where's Aunt Nina, who's that dude sitting next to George... ahhhhhh'
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 04:48:45 am »

Even money Phillipe saves it all by doing/saying something cute.

Next-most-likely, Ray saves it all in an unlikely manner that involves Airwolf.

I will offer Onstad a shiny new five dollar bill if he has Teodor sympathy-lay Molly, and a contrite Roast Beef walks in, finds them in mid coitus and shoots Teodor. Why? One reason and one reason alone: Because a Teodor in Heaven arc is in order.

there is no actual five dollar bill
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 05:18:33 am »

Teodor will not make a move on Molly because he is a pussy.  That's why he never gets laid.  Also, Molly isn't going to fuck Teodor just because she's pissed off at Beef.

Married people help me out, but isn't this somewhat typical pre-wedding shenanigans?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 05:27:47 am »

This is very funny to me because a co-worker is getting married this Saturday, and I get to hear one side of the constant marriage emergency calls he gets.

"Hello?"
"That seems like a lot of wine.  Didn't we get stuff for mixed drinks too?"
"I'm thinking more people would like them."
"Just the basics.  Vodka tonics, uh, rum and cokes, scotch and soda..."
"Uh huh."
"Okay, but..."
"Uh huh."
"Okay."
"Uh huh."
"So why'd you ask my opinion again if you're ignoring it?"
(Long silence on this end)
"We're starting a meeting, I'll have to call you back."

They are not, apparently, having mixed drinks at the wedding.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Ruddy Ruddy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 06:26:46 am »

A special monkey-style shout-out goes to the ever-frowning Aunt Nina.  That is EXACTLY how she should look, yes!

You aren't kidding. I live in Greektown. I see old women who look like this all the time, all waddling around in their T-shirt/long skirt combos, looking mean as hell. This is exactly how an old Greek feline lady would look. I bet she doesn't even speak a word of English besides "Eat, eat!"


Even money Phillipe saves it all by doing/saying something cute.

Next-most-likely, Ray saves it all in an unlikely manner that involves Airwolf.

I was thinking much the same. Also, Cornelius might have something wise and worldly to impart to Beef, and never count out Vlad's ability to provide just the right advice when it comes to matters of the heart. Hell, the Man with Blood on His Hands might make him stop acting like such a fool. Bottom line, the dude's got good people standing behind him.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up