Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!  (Read 5095 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 05:44:13 pm »

I think you meant to type: "She is a picky eater."

Brother, you don't know the half of it.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 06:14:08 pm »

So in the run up to the wedding, the bride-to-be becomes an overpaid actor and the world becomes the PAs she feels it her cosmic right and duty to abuse?

Oh man, the whole "bridezilla" thing just finally clicked for me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 06:57:35 pm »

I think that's exactly right. The way people seem to act is, it's the only chance in their lives that they get to Put On A Show.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 June 2008 - Uncle George, I got to... get up in ya BAY- BEE!
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 02:14:30 am »

And then something deep down inside made him utter the phrase which haunts him to this day: "It's not a watch, is it?  Because I've got lots of those." 

Oh Dear Lord.  Mankind could develop practical immortality, geologic epochs could pass, galactic civilizations could rise and fall and you won't forget that one.  I know.  Wives have loooong memories when it comes to husbandly misdeeds, especially when it comes to wedding days.

Here's mine.  Wedding in St Louis, I left the wedding ring in Louisville.  Maid of Honor was able to procure a substitute from a jeweler friend, but then during the ceremony I put in onto the wrong hand.  If there is a heaven I expect St. Peter to greet me at the Pearly fuck*ng Gates with that story.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up