Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesse Helms is dead!  (Read 1955 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Jesse Helms is dead!
« on: July 04, 2008, 03:39:36 pm »

Being relatively new to North Carolina, I can only guess, but I'm assuming thousands of crusty old white people around here are crying and planning a monument somewhere.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Jesse Helms is dead!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 03:44:05 pm »

He falls squarely into the category of "people I thought died years ago." Probably because I never quite realized that he and Strom Thurmond were two different people.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jesse Helms is dead!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 05:59:33 pm »

I think I'm going to observe the rule my mother told me and not say anything further about Mr. Helms.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Jesse Helms is dead!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 06:06:33 pm »

I'm sure he and Falwell have met up, and are scratching their heads about where they are vs. where they thought they'd be, and what liberal conspiracy caused this to happen.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Jesse Helms is dead!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 09:39:02 pm »

Senator Helms was known for being against civil rights, gay rights, and foreign aid. He was in favor of tobacco, military, and segregation.
Now that's a legacy.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jesse Helms is dead!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 01:25:08 am »

my favorite political cartoon ever had the Descent of Man lineup, labeled Homo Erectus, Homo Sapiens, etc, with Mr Helms as a monkey saying "I don't want to be associated with all of those homos"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1]   Go Up