Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday, America.  (Read 3487 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday, America.
« on: July 04, 2008, 04:55:03 pm »

The Fourth of July is most meaningful holiday in this country. To celebrate, I plan on blowing stuff up while drinking American lagers.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, America.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 04:59:21 pm »

We're making spaghetti and meatballs. I lobbied for Chinese food, but lost.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, America.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 06:00:16 pm »

I'm driving to St Louis in a few hours.  Later in the weekend:  whole suckling pig.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Happy Birthday, America.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 09:35:37 pm »

Look how you've grown! I remember when you were this small...

Happy Birthday 'Mericans!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday, America.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 01:26:42 am »

Today I saw a guy with a United We Stand bumper sticker, an american flag bumper sticker, and a "I salute the Confederate flag with complete reverence for the ideas which it stood for" bumper sticker.

I kind of wanted to yell at him for several minutes, but instead I glared at his car and then ate my bojangles alone in the car. Dang, this was a cruddy night off.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, America.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 01:30:46 am »

In honor of America's birthday, I'm drinking a domestic microbrew instead of an import. Cheers, America. Don't disappoint.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, America.
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 01:36:25 am »

ate my bojangles alone in the car.

Is that what you kids call it these days?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, America.
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 03:54:04 am »

Today I saw a guy with a United We Stand bumper sticker, an american flag bumper sticker, and a "I salute the Confederate flag with complete reverence for the ideas which it stood for" bumper sticker.

My grasp on the nuance of american politics isn't great but isn't there at least a partial contradiction in there?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Happy Birthday, America.
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 06:26:59 am »

Once you understand that contradiction, you understand why America is so fundamentally shitty.

We believe that our main and only right is to be selgiraffe hateful assholes, all else is negotable, happily traded away for the illusion of security or for a feeling of superiority. The American flag means, to those people, the right to stand by the racist lazy defunct ideas that the Confederacy represents.

It's kinda complicated.

Basically, we gave up on Reconstruction way the fuck too soon.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Happy Birthday, America.
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 08:22:30 am »

My town (in Queens, NY) is like deserted.  It is a ghost town, like everyone in Queens is upstate.  To make up for it though I partied pretty hard with the only three dudes in Queens, grillin' and gettin crunked and shit.
Logged
ACHIEVE

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, America.
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 05:50:29 am »

I hung out with the artcar section of a community parade in a neighborhood near mine.  It was fun.  That's where I saw this guy.  Later went out to visit my folks and watch some fireworks.  Thought this was a clever juxtaposition.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up