Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?  (Read 6587 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ash

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
    • http://outofband.org/
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« on: November 05, 2003, 09:40:59 pm »

Have any of you bought items from the achewood store?
How long did it take you to get them?

Patience sucks! ;-)

-Ash
Logged
MODULES ADDED 4.8.2000 by _THE_BANDIT_

#Hiram_offers_cocktail
#Hiram_offers_dinner
#Hiram_posts_to_message_board

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 09:45:58 pm »

Still waiting for gear purchased back in June.

I still may or may not issue a charge back with my credit card company.  I figure I'll let him keep the dough as long as the strip doesn't suck.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 02:18:04 am »

The book I ordered in August has yet to show.  How hard is it to mail a book?  However, I am with Jough -- if timely shipping would interfere with the current quality of the strip, I'll wait.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 02:48:14 am »

Quote from: "jough"
Still waiting for gear purchased back in June.

I still may or may not issue a charge back with my credit card company.  I figure I'll let him keep the dough as long as the strip doesn't suck.




This set off huge alarm bells for me!!!! As a person who works for a major credit card, I must warn you that after 190 days (although we tell you otherwise) it is virtually impossible to process a chargeback, and that we secretly chuckle at anyone who waits this long and call them suckers.

As for my T-shirt, it took about a month to get to me here in Canada, which wasn't too long.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 04:29:59 am »

My Todd shirt took at least a month, and I'm still waiting for the cookbook I ordered in August.

Don't even want to think about the Varsity and Sanryobuki shirts.  Maybe they'll be a nice New Year's surprise.

My periodic inquiries get replies from someone named Liz - Onstad's wife? - but somehow there's always a new reason why they haven't shipped.  

I'm trying to stay off the beach here, but it's not like this is an Olsen Twins-level merchandising operation here.  Their orders are probably more like in the dozens.  I don't see what the fuck*ng problem is.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 07:05:55 am »

side_show, Visa allows up to 3 years for chargebacks.

This is also regulated by federal law in the U.S.

As a merchant who accepts Visa, I have gotten stung for web hosting service two years after the customer had already paid me TWICE for a year of service.

I filed a refutation and got my money back, but it was a lot to all of a sudden be out.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 01:33:52 pm »

It took about a month for my stuff to arrive both times, but then again, that was last year, so he probably had fewer orders.  I know that he is totally swamped with orders these days and has to ship literally hundreds of orders every week, and that he does it by hand out of his home.  I tend to be in the "cut the man some slack" camp -- but if you don't get your stuff after six weeks or so I would definitely send an inquiry.  Interesting that his wife is answering his e-mail now.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 07:03:54 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I know that he is totally swamped with orders these days and has to ship literally hundreds of orders every week, and that he does it by hand out of his home.  I tend to be in the "cut the man some slack" camp -- but if you don't get your stuff after six weeks or so I would definitely send an inquiry.  Interesting that his wife is answering his e-mail now.


Hundreds of orders every week?  Really?  I didn't think the merchandise was that popular.

Alright, perhaps some slack is in order then.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 09:53:08 pm »

Cookbook arrived this afternoon.  A quick perusal of my Outlook box showed me the actual order date was September 5.  

So: two months from order to arrival.  

I was headed out to lunch when I checked the mail, so I took the book with me.  

While reading over lunch, I had to cover my face with my hands three times to stifle laughter.  Especially after reading Ray's "brief history of the hot dog" and "stick with bottled wine."

Worth the wait.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 11:17:59 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
While reading over lunch, I had to cover my face with my hands three times to stifle laughter.  Especially after reading Ray's "brief history of the hot dog" and "stick with bottled wine."

True story: I used Ray's advice on where to hold a wineglass at the only classy party I've attended since getting the cookbook. Admittedly, the contents of the glass was water and not wine, but I still think it lent me a certain elan.

And, of course, boxed wine is never fine. Ever.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2003, 12:05:08 am »

Quote from: "Limmo"
Cookbook arrived this afternoon.  A quick perusal of my Outlook box showed me the actual order date was September 5.  

Sweet. Ordered mine (with an ass-in-your-##### shirt) in early August. Hopefully it's on the way.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2003, 10:07:10 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
side_show, Visa allows up to 3 years for chargebacks.

This is also regulated by federal law in the U.S.

As a merchant who accepts Visa, I have gotten stung for web hosting service two years after the customer had already paid me TWICE for a year of service.

I filed a refutation and got my money back, but it was a lot to all of a sudden be out.


Oh, I know ALL of this.  The greater majority of the chargebacks I process are for Americans.  The procedure for disputing any charge after 3 months is totally different and definitly not in the customer or merchant's favor.  I could tell you more, but I'd lose my job.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2003, 10:20:58 pm »

My cookbook finally came today! A note on the packing slip said my shirt will be along in 1 or 2 more weeks!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2003, 12:13:41 am »

Quote from: "Mite"
My cookbook finally came today! A note on the packing slip said my shirt will be along in 1 or 2 more weeks!


Don't believe Onstad's lies.  You'll never see that shirt.

So what have you made so far?  Pictures?

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to get your Achewood gear?
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2003, 12:20:07 am »

Whoa, actually cooking something is gonna be a big step for me. It's been a good 9 months since I prepared something with actual ingredients. I think I'll have to throw a little dinner party to give myself the required motivation.

Its arrival did inspire me to actually open a can of soup and microwave it for lunch, though. Yes, this is quite a bit more effort than I usually put into cooking.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up