Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Web Comics Parodies!  (Read 6974 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Web Comics Parodies!
« on: July 07, 2008, 03:40:50 pm »

Fans of Interweb comic strips should tune into Whatisdeepfried.com this week, since I am taking a break from my own comic to lampoon some of the Net's most popular cartoons!

There will be three send-ups this week. Monday's victim: The Diesel Sweeties!

Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Web Comics Parodies!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 05:00:45 pm »

Theres a guy on my team who enjoys this type of activity. In a way, he has integrating this filter to his mating ritual. So like when we're trying to get chicks back to our room, he is trying to figure out which ones will let him shit on them. It helps that he is an Aryan God with blonde hair and enormous muscles.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Web Comics Parodies!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 07:17:14 pm »

...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Web Comics Parodies!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 02:36:07 am »

Wow.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Web Comics Parodies!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 03:20:33 am »

Yeah. There. Now are you happy you posted this comic.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Web Comics Parodies!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 04:14:13 am »

So, look, I've never been able to like Diesel Sweeties to start with, but I did have to check back to make sure it hadn't taking some significant, overtly anti-women turn that I didn't know about.  Apparently it's still a boring comic about the back and forth of relationships.  So, I don't know man, maybe don't show this sort of thing in public.  It's disturbing, but not "calculated, artistic" disturbing, more "the guy who made this has issues girls who might date him should worry about" disturbing.  Maybe it would mean something more to someone who reads your strip or DS, but for me this was "talking set of tits meets extremely violent end due to... aging?" and that sort of thing doesn't fly with me.  Violence against women is so far away from funny for me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Web Comics Parodies!
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 04:32:13 am »

Your parody of the artstyle is inaccurate, your parody of the writing style is inaccurate, and it's not particularly funny either. D-
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Web Comics Parodies!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 04:39:37 am »

See... insofar as it pointed out how ridiculous Diesel Sweeties usually is by taking it to its darkest and most extreme, I sorta dug it.

But my sense of humour has been cripplingly dark lately so I could see where other peoples' mileages may vary.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Web Comics Parodies!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 06:07:59 am »

I didn't find it that funny but I'm not sure I agree with your assessment Sideshow. To me the joke isn't that she is getting hurt for 'love' it's more saying 'take the premise of diesel sweeties to it's extreme by incorporating weird (but real world) fetishes' and so as far as that goes I think it's a fair enough parody but like I say it didn't really grab me.

Also: A-Cap. Too much sharing.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Web Comics Parodies!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 06:43:38 am »

Yeah, that's how I read it too.

The dark logical extreme of a comic about the sexual relationship between a cynical lady and a ***** that is really supposed to want to kill all humans is... for the ***** to manifest its *****ness and sexuality wherever the most terrible intersection of those attributes lay.

Which, yeah, the corner of Scat Play Avenue and Atomic Batteries Boulevard sounds right.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Web Comics Parodies!
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 01:03:56 pm »

a ##### that is really supposed to want to kill all humans
As much as I hate to do anything that suggests that I might once have read Diesel Sweeties, if memory serves me, of the #####s in the cast, only the red one has genocidal tendencies.  Perhaps it says something about you that you think all #####s are supposed to want to kill all humans!

Also, allow me to add my voice to the chorus of those who think this parody wasn't very funny.  I didn't even find it disturbing, just offensive -- and only then because it seemed to be trying to be offensive rather than because it was genuinely offensive.

Also, PROTIP for the original poster: if you're going to do xkcd next, it's been done (not that those are the only xkcd parodies that exist, but they're the ones that sprung immediately to mind for me).  Perry Bible Fellowship, too.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Web Comics Parodies!
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 01:21:10 pm »

So, look, I've never been able to like Diesel Sweeties to start with, but I did have to check back to make sure it hadn't taking some significant, overtly anti-women turn that I didn't know about.

I think it's a role-reversal thing. In DS Maura is an ex-porn star who sometimes tries to get the ***** to try sexual things he's not entirely comfortable with (sex in public, &c)
Logged

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Web Comics Parodies!
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 03:51:45 pm »

, but for me this was "talking set of tits meets extremely violent end due to... aging?" and that sort of thing doesn't fly with me.  Violence against women is so far away from funny for me.

I hardly think this should be interpreted as a "violence against women" joke. More like "beware the kinky side of bastard *****s, because their poop is caustic" joke. If anything, it is a slam against exploitive men.
Logged

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Web Comics Parodies!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 03:52:41 pm »

Your parody of the artstyle is inaccurate, your parody of the writing style is inaccurate, and it's not particularly funny either. D-

Hey, I tried like hell to get Photoshop to replicate that one-pixel technique. It's damn hard!
Logged

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Web Comics Parodies!
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 03:53:44 pm »

See... insofar as it pointed out how ridiculous Diesel Sweeties usually is by taking it to its darkest and most extreme, I sorta dug it.

But my sense of humour has been cripplingly dark lately so I could see where other peoples' mileages may vary.

One tiny can for being perhaps the only respondent to "get it".
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up