Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!  (Read 6744 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 06:54:46 am »

damn oball swingin the strong sack of knowery tonight

if i could umptouple-can you i would but there's a damn timer
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 11:15:25 am »

I just noticed Lie Bot's angel wings.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 02:27:21 pm »

Is Rod referring to the ocean liner or the actual Queen?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

MagFlare

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 05:17:10 pm »

Also: what the hell game are LN and Taffy playing? My videogame knowledge is pretty extensive - an artifact of a wasted youth - but I can't think of any game that a.) is playable with a Wii Classic controller and b.) requires you to fight Turkish food.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 06:20:21 pm »

Also: what the hell game are LN and Taffy playing? My videogame knowledge is pretty extensive - an artifact of a wasted youth - but I can't think of any game that a.) is playable with a Wii Classic controller and b.) requires you to fight Turkish food.

Grand Theft Auto: Istanbul?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 08:06:00 pm »

so, I like that there are no Winter sons.

also, my understanding was that the thinness was probably due to some kind of welsh horrid corset.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 08:11:39 pm »

so, I like that there are no Winter sons.

I get the impression that Taffy is a winter son.  And I think there is another son mentioned in Molly's blog that isn't present.  Or did I count the numbers wrong?

also, my understanding was that the thinness was probably due to some kind of welsh horrid corset.

No, she has starved herself to be thin for her wedding.  It's the way things are done.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 10:08:18 pm »

I get the impression that Taffy is a winter son.  And I think there is another son mentioned in Molly's blog that isn't present.  Or did I count the numbers wrong?

No, she has starved herself to be thin for her wedding.  It's the way things are done.

Yes, I too think Taffy is the only winter son.  Based on the fact that the 7/8 strip is titled, "A Winter Son."  Which is easy to miss if you don't get the strips off an RSS feed. 

Also, while I guess a lot of ladies starve themselves, I thought of the Welsh corset thing first, and then thought she looked oddly human-shaped, and maybe that was the point of the corset?  But then I thought that wouldn't explain the weird neck-lines.  Anyway, I didn't starve myself for my wedding, and actually weighed more on my wedding day than I did on our third anniversary.  But then, I'm kind of a freak that way. 

I guess my mother-in-law's seamstress finally refused to take her dress in any further, because she lost so much weight in the weeks before the wedding it had to be taken in multiple times. 

Weird. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 11:25:54 pm »

Also: what the hell game are LN and Taffy playing? My videogame knowledge is pretty extensive - an artifact of a wasted youth - but I can't think of any game that a.) is playable with a Wii Classic controller and b.) requires you to fight Turkish food.

Either it's a WiiWare title which has yet to receive non-Underground release or they're using a homebrew to emulate UFO Kamen Yakisoban! for the Super Famicom, in which you play as a superhero with a bowl of instant yakisoba on his head and one of the bosses is a man dressed as a gyro (gyros and doner kebab being easily confused, especially without translation). While I can see LN hellz a haxxin da wiiii with his Freeloader disc and hella swap trixx, I have trouble imagining him doing so for the purpose of playing UFO Kamen Yakisoban!.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 12:42:57 am »

Can someone tell me how much of that Ben-San is making up?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 01:00:29 am »

I'm trying to decide whether he wrote that in English.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 01:13:14 am »

Can someone tell me how much of that Ben-San is making up?

None of it. UFO Kamen Yakisoban! was a Super Famicom (Japanese version of the Super NES) game released by the Nissin corporation in 1994 as a tie-in for their UFO Yakisoba brand instant noodles. (Nissin is best known in the US as the makers of Top Ramen.) At the time, the spokesman character for UFO Yakisoba was a superhero named UFO Kamen Yakisoban, who was briefly very popular in Japan much the same way the California Raisins were in the US. By collecting labels from UFO Yakisoba and sending them in with money, one could earn a copy of UFO Kamen Yakisoban!.

The game itself is a side-scrolling brawling game in which one plays as UFO Kamen Yakisoban and battles various colorful enemies while collecting bowls of yakisoba to power up, with the bosses being people dressed as various sorts of other fast food. From the times I played it, I vaguely remember one of the bosses being a gyro or something very similar. It's a decent game but not fantastic; the main things it has going for it are (1) its strange premise and (2) the fact that, as a limited-time promotional offer reward, actual cartridges are rare and therefore quite expensive. These two factors make it popular among gamers emulating video game systems on their computers with illegally-downloaded ROM images of the game cartridges, but as I said it doesn't seem like LN's kind of game.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 01:18:11 am »

He's pulling our legs, isn't he? But given that I have a collection of a Japanese character that is a depressed bean paste bun, it's hard to know where to draw the plausibility line.

If he's not, is there some way I can play this game?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2008, 01:29:56 am »

Why can't it just be a fictional game? After all, Picnic Panic and Breast Attack On Fuck Mountain aren't real, are they?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 10th July 2008 - You are havink such DICKNESS Lie Bot!
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2008, 01:32:22 am »

Why can't it just be a fictional game? After all, Picnic Panic and Breast Attack On Fuck Mountain aren't real, are they?

They're not???
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up