Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!  (Read 8244 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« on: July 11, 2008, 04:03:46 am »

As of this week, Minus, the webstrip that was certainly Calvin and Hobbes' natural inheritor, is no more. I offer this parody in lieu of flowers, which runs an amazing three metas deep (for anyone counting).



Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 09:21:26 am »

i order you not to target achewood
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 04:52:15 am »

these parodies are so unfunny i believe they have torn a hole in the space-time continuum

no wait, that's just me trying to slit my wrists

Logged

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 02:23:11 pm »

these parodies are so unfunny i believe they have torn a hole in the space-time continuum

no wait, that's just me trying to slit my wrists


I wish you all the success in the world!
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 05:27:34 pm »

Seriously dude, they suck.  If you can't self censor or come up with something funny then you deserve it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 10:05:29 pm »

If one person says there's a duck on your head, he's probably crazy.
If two people say there's a duck on your head, maybe you didn't understand what they meant.

If everyone around you says there's a duck on your head, it couldn't hurt to check a mirror, maybe reach up and feel around.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 01:49:35 am »

that is such a perfect piece of wisdom it actually makes this thread worthwhile.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 05:19:36 am »

I like your work in general and I subscribe to your newsletter. However, I dont think the community here enjoys your self-promotion. It seems a bit forced.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 02:23:59 pm »

Way to bring some sense to the table, cappy. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 03:57:30 pm »

Didn't we used to like this guy?

Burn him!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 04:39:21 pm »

Dang, what a tough crowd we've become.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 04:52:48 pm »

I dunno, I like most of the guy's stuff a lot but... as I say... I knew his work and had bought a few of his comics long before I knew of Achewood. A lot of it depends on how much you can just embrace being disgusted with the direction the damned human race is heading in.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 09:39:55 pm »

If one person says there's a duck on your head, he's probably crazy.
If two people say there's a duck on your head, maybe you didn't understand what they meant.

If everyone around you says there's a duck on your head, it couldn't hurt to check a mirror, maybe reach up and feel around.

The foolish man sees ducks on everyone's head but their own. (Siddartha)
Logged

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 09:41:07 pm »

I like your work in general and I subscribe to your newsletter. However, I dont think the community here enjoys your self-promotion. It seems a bit forced.

That's why its called "shameless self-promotion". ;D ;D ;D
Logged

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Web comic parody/tribute: Minus!
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 09:52:44 pm »

Didn't we used to like this guy?

Burn him!!!

PM (and all)...

I know that you think those clever avatars that give you an online identity just spring whole from you imagination like Venus from Zeus' brow, but in fact, they are created for you by imaginative entrepreneurs called "artists", who must compete, as must all life on this planet, to establish a niche  for themselves, which means getting all up in the public's grill to announce their existence and draw the positive attention of that one in one-hundred people who have been waiting for that artist to arrive on this planet to share their work and thus allow them to enhance their own identity by relating to it and joining their appreciation with that of others who have also made the discovery.

However, that leaves 99 out of one hundred who merely ignore the artist, or, in the case of the Internet, spend their free time shitting all over his efforts in their own attempt at "creativity" which, of course, is always welcome by fellow shit-minded folks, but by no one else.

Not that this information will change a damn thing about our dynamic, of course. I just thought you might like to know what your role in my enterprise is, be you the one or the other 99  ;D
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up