Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!  (Read 5371 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« on: July 11, 2008, 08:24:08 pm »

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 08:36:12 pm »

I was surprised to see Lyle sitting next to Mrs. S, but I guess he knew all along he was just a placeholder.

Damn Ash, mighty defensive there.  Insecurity?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 08:39:28 pm »

OMG, Beef's outfit... I would have second thoughts. I somehow didn't realize that that was what he was going to show up to the actual wedding in.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 08:52:19 pm »

From the look of the shirt Beef's leaving single-manhood the way he went in:

probably liking Joy Division a little too much.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 09:37:18 pm »

Note: hand holding and similar plane head inclination with half smiles is cool.

I like how his furious eyebrows fade once Sondra notices him.  Also, who the hell does Ray think he's fooling? 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 09:52:09 pm »

I fuck*ng love Lyle. Nearly any facial expression he pulls cracks me up.

[/contribution]
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 10:01:16 pm »

I adore the idea of seeing Ray's parents reconnecting.  That makes me happier than the last four panels combined. 

In fact, I'd have been OK with the strip ending at panel 10. 

Maybe even panel 9. 

Yeah, I'm a sap. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 11:00:30 pm »

Folks, what you are missing is the fact that even with a man most badass and time, there is an undeniable connection between Ms. Smuckles and Ramses.

This is the poignant point that poinsettias most often egregious disagree.  You will learn though, in time.

In time all souls go to the fire.   All souls do burn.

In time.   




Hello.   Goodbye.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 11:25:46 pm »

Did someone else just feel a gust of wind through the house? The faraway laughter of your childhood just on the edge of hearing?


I think my favourite thing is that we don't see Lyle move, we see the realisation of who it is and then he's gone.

probably liking Joy Division a little too much.
Thankyou for making my hang-over saturday morning a little more awesome.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 12:03:11 am »

Wait, did I just get a drive by handjob?

It is this fear that restrained my response. On a meta-level though if Q made 5 more posts then he could make one a year after that and his post count would match the year.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 12:24:47 am »

Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 12:36:16 am »

I must have had too much to drink tonight. I could have sworn I clicked on the thread for today's comic, but there were posts by misterqueue in it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 12:46:48 am »

Wait, did I just get a drive by handjob?

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 01:34:31 am »

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

It is a bad thing, because you cannot tell if the person who did it is desirable. Yes, I do look gift hosss in the mouth. Routinely.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 11 July 2008 - Let's Get Married To A LADY!
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 01:49:04 am »

Hello.   Goodbye.

Hey!

Goodbye.

Aw.



Also, Lyle is a dude who knows when to get the fuck out a man's way.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up